Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 05:13 PM

12,387 posts, read 9,493,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't think it's normal or acceptable, I'm just saying it's odd considering GM has had EV experience for over a decade now.

I bet all of those fault codes come back to a single issue. Maybe a bad BECM or something.
Yes, there might be a small number of underlying causes that give rise to many error signals. And then if they really figure it out, hopefully they can fix not only this car, but other cars from this manufacturing line that have already been delivered, and ideally fix the issue(s) before these Blazers ever leave the production facility - whether the root cause is hardware or software. I have bought a few new cars and never have anything remotely like this experience. If GM can't nip this in the bud, I think they can have real problems in the form of a customer or market backlash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2023, 01:45 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
GM and Ford, are starting to realize investing so heavily on the new technology of EV's was not a good idea. Like playing poker and going all in with only a pair of deuces. Building what they want you to have, and not what the public wants has finally bit them in the back side.
I guess not when the Blazer is gonna be like 65k for the SS. Just a normal run of the mill looking SUV for a crazy price. Let me go kiss my Vette.

Old 12-24-2023, 07:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Well it looks like they've issued a stop sale of the Blazer EV until they can figure out the software issues.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a46217...-of-blazer-ev/

Old 12-25-2023, 03:07 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times
It's possible that GM and Ford may unilaterally pull the plug on EV adoption in 2025 citing costs and consumer demand not able for them to produce them. The Fed may have to bail them out if they continue to hemorrhage billions annually to get the EVs out.

Without the Fed credits and other incentives they can't make the EVs here for under $50k and still take losses. While they can easily make a 2 ton truck that cost $30k to build and sell for $80k.

Old 12-27-2023, 08:13 AM

333 posts, read 153,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
It's possible that GM and Ford may unilaterally pull the plug on EV adoption in 2025 citing costs and consumer demand not able for them to produce them.
If they don't solve the issue of the batteries spontaneously bursting into an uncontrollable fires, insurance costs could become a major barrier to widespread ownership.

https://youtu.be/XWq-Mq1Uqpw?si=nv3NscfEhjl5F1Zq

Old 12-27-2023, 08:37 AM

369 posts, read 105,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
If they don't solve the issue of the batteries spontaneously bursting into an uncontrollable fires, insurance costs could become a major barrier to widespread ownership.
Considering EVs bursting into flames is a possibility almost 100 times LESS likely than your gas car...

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/study-e...est-car-fires/

https://www.theguardian.com/business...iesel-vehicles

You guys really need to stop this crap fearmongering.

Old 12-27-2023, 02:22 PM

3,184 posts, read 1,659,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8PJs View Post
Considering EVs bursting into flames is a possibility almost 100 times LESS likely than your gas car...

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/study-e...est-car-fires/

https://www.theguardian.com/business...iesel-vehicles

You guys really need to stop this crap fearmongering.
I don't really care about this battery fire problems. GM and Ford cannot handle billions in losses to compete against Tesla when it cost too much to build EVs and then sell at a loss. Eventually the tax payer will have to foot the bill so the Fed can write off the losses for them. But companies like VW will have to get their writeoff from elsewhere.

Old 12-27-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I don't really care about this battery fire problems. GM and Ford cannot handle billions in losses to compete against Tesla when it cost too much to build EVs and then sell at a loss. Eventually the tax payer will have to foot the bill so the Fed can write off the losses for them. But companies like VW will have to get their writeoff from elsewhere.
Yes, were it not for their large ICE vehicle revenues, some of these traditional automakers would be in trouble already, because their first EV programs have not gone great - some outright flops, and others still only modest successes that are still incurring losses for the companies.

Old 12-27-2023, 08:20 PM

As I noted earlier, the Edmunds experience with their Blazer EV wasn't entirely unique. So here is a follow-on from Electrek: "2024 Chevy Blazer EV sales are already halted over software issues"

https://electrek.co/2023/12/26/2024-...-sales-halted/

This may actually be a good thing - if Chevy actually fixes the problems, completely, it will avoid a big black eye due to the defects. It's better for customers to hear that Chevy found and is fixing defects, rather than being driven crazy by experiencing the defects themselves.

Old 12-29-2023, 08:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
Almost every new platform or generation has been problematic the first year, some extending into the second year before the bugs were out. There were many first year recalls for the 2003 Jeep Liberty, 2012 Tesla, 2013 Ford Escape, and 2020 Jeep Gladiator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC