Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,300,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida-allen View Post
The Cadillac is a beautiful stylish car, however for $20K less the dealers would not be able to keep them in stock. I have not seen a single one on the road. For $75K I could get a basic Tesla model S.
IMO, Cadillacs have not been beautiful or stylish for many years. I don't find the squashed nose, chopped-off rear end and general blob shape at all stylish.

Now, something like this 1966 Cadillac, with a detailed and beautifully-finished front end (with plenty of actual metal and thick chrome) I like very much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 06:24 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,285,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
IMO, Cadillacs have not been beautiful or stylish for many years. I don't find the squashed nose, chopped-off rear end and general blob shape at all stylish.

Now, something like this 1966 Cadillac, with a detailed and beautifully-finished front end (with plenty of actual metal and thick chrome) I like very much.

IMO they are finally getting to BE stylish. It's just the the style is not retro, and it's looking to the future. The Standard of the World should not be looking to the past to gaudy, overstyled relics of the past.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
IMO they are finally getting to BE stylish. It's just the the style is not retro, and it's looking to the future. The Standard of the World should not be looking to the past to gaudy, overstyled relics of the past.
I just noticed this reply, reading through some old threads.

I do not consider "stylish" to be a blob, look-alike car.

You should change "gaudy, overstyled relics" to "well styled classic cars."

Just an opinion, but I think it's a very valid one.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:40 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,722,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I just noticed this reply, reading through some old threads.

I do not consider "stylish" to be a blob, look-alike car.

You should change "gaudy, overstyled relics" to "well styled classic cars."

Just an opinion, but I think it's a very valid one.
Yeah but you're biased. (not a bad thing by any means)

Old 11-09-2014, 12:36 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,821,503 times
This particular Cadillac being talked about is overpriced and looks like a sneaker. Cadillac to me has never been the standard of the world. There have always been better options available.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
This particular Cadillac being talked about is overpriced and looks like a sneaker. Cadillac to me has never been the standard of the world. There have always been better options available.
The Standard of the World saying dates back many years.

Cadillac was the first American car to win the Dewar Trophy from the Royal Automobile Club of England, having successfully demonstrated the interchangeability of its component parts during a reliability test in 1908.

It won that trophy a second time in 1912 for incorporating electric starting and lighting in a production automobile.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:12 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,285,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
This particular Cadillac being talked about is overpriced and looks like a sneaker.
This is the kind of bull**** hyperbole statement that makes me hate this place.

This:

does not look like this:

The local dealer has marked down the ELRs it gets in to $59-62k depending on options and is selling every one they get in. So yeah, I've always agreed it was priced too high, but apparently not as as far out of reality as I thought since $60k seems to be where it sells fine at (for a halo car that was not supposed to sell more than 2k units per year). It, like the Volt, is one of the most technologically advanced cars on the market right now, and it looks quite good, to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC