Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 09:13 PM

33 posts, read 157,537 times

Advertisements

I noticed that a lot of you are wondering about Chattanooga, especially those of you from Florida. Check out the link below. There you will find a wealth of info going back 100 years. It is a collection of stories about the history of Chattanooga covering economy, environment, tourism, festivals, government and almost anything that has happened in the city over the past hundred years.

Our Town: Chattanooga | WDEF News 12 | News, Weather and Sports for Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 05:15 AM

390 posts, read 1,702,203 times
Very informative link! Thank you!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:37 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
FINALLY. Thank you for this link! I could just write and write about Chattanooga.

If every city followed their lead there would be a lot less people dissatisfied with where they live.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:56 AM

58 posts, read 290,637 times
Hi folks!!! I am from Chattanooga, but now live in NY. I truly truly miss home!!! I miss the South overall!!!

Chattanooga has it shortcomings-- but having lived in other places I will say it is a GREAAAAAAAAAAATTTT place to raise a family!!!!

The job market however leaves a lot to be desired!!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetz View Post
Hi folks!!! I am from Chattanooga, but now live in NY. I truly truly miss home!!! I miss the South overall!!!

Chattanooga has it shortcomings-- but having lived in other places I will say it is a GREAAAAAAAAAAATTTT place to raise a family!!!!

The job market however leaves a lot to be desired!!!!
That is enormous problem with Chattanooga. If it wasn't, I'd be living there.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 AM

20 posts, read 61,758 times
Default Forum First Timer

Greetings - Been enjoying this forum and finally getting the nerve to ask a question or two.

Like many others, I am wanting to move from Florida (Gainesville) and live near the mountains. I have chosen Chattanooga as my first prospect because it's a bit closer to Fla and I can visit my offspring.

I did some research on the city regarding the pay rate and noted that we could earn more $$ in Chattanooga when compared to Gainesville. However, I noticed on some other threads, folks were saying the pay rate in Chattanooga was lacking. Hubby works in the Information Technology field and I noticed there were a good number of big companies in that area.

Also noticed the price of homes were so reasonable I thought I was dreaming.

What gives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: