Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 11:08 AM

21 posts, read 57,670 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have lived in Chattanooga for awhile but its time for me to find doctors/dentists down here. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need a gynocoligist, primary care doctor, a dentist, and an eye doctor. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 03:25 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,802,305 times
Our primary care doctor is Kirk Wilcox at Family and Sports Medicine. He's located at 2158 Northgate Park Lane, Suite 104 in Hixson. Phone number is 423-870-2030. We are really pleased with him. He listens and isn't condescending or pushy. He takes his time to talk to us and explain things. There is also a walk-in clinic there so if you get sick, you don't necessarily have to work in an appointment.

For my OBGYN I go to Carol Adams at Beacon OB-GYN Women's East Pavillion. Address: 1751 Gunbarrel Rd, Suite 100, Chattanooga. It's out past the mall. Phone number: 423-778-9500. She is absolutely wonderful. I've been to three OBGYNs and she's the best. She listened to me, took her time to answer my questions, and was very, very pleasant.

I went to one eye doctor, but I didn't care for him much. The waiting room was jam packed and I sort of felt like a cow being herded around. Can't remember his name, but I would be interested in hearing where others go.

My husband and I love our dentist. We go to Joseph Prince at the Shallowford Family Dental Group. Address: 6101 Shallowford Rd in Chattanooga. Phone number: 423-933-3297. He is getting older, and I'm sure he's going to retire soon, but all the dentists at that facility seem very competent and "nice".

I found all of these doctors, except the eye doctor (he was recommended by a friend), on Find a doctor - Doctor ratings and reviews - Doctor vitals - RateMDs.com. Read the reviews. I find it very helpful. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2010, 10:46 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times
There are many fine physicians and professionals here in Chattanooga so be sure to ask your friends too. Based on personal experience I recommend the following:

Primary care Dr: Jeffery Jump, MD Center for Integrative Medicine - Chattanooga, TN (holistic approach plus he returns phone calls)

OB/GYN: Sabrina Collins, MD Welcome, Health Care, Medical Center, Chattanooga Center For Women, Chattanooga, TN (okay I have 2nd hand knowledge here, but our family loves Dr. Collins! Where else but in Chattanooga can one run into their OB at Waffle House - very down to Earth and a wonderful friend to have in the delivery room)

Dentist - the verdict is still out on a great dentist for our family

Eye doctor - Dr. Jaworski (no, not the Eagles QB) no website (I chide them about it) but very good! 870-3742

Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM

21 posts, read 57,670 times
Thanks for your suggestions!

I am going to Sabrina Collins another friend already told me she was wonderful!

I appriciate your help

Old 02-07-2010, 06:57 AM

91 posts, read 282,281 times
Dr. Charlotte Mabry is a great Opthamologist as well.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 AM

155 posts, read 334,933 times
I recommend Joseph Payne for a dentist. Their entry on Google Maps isn't up to date, they moved their location to Riverfront Parkway & 9th Avenue. He's done nothing but an honest and great job with me over the last couple years. My only complaint is that he, like most dentists, firmly advocates the use of fluoride for dental care--but it's hard to find a dentist who doesn't. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,241,513 times
Feel free to post recommendations, but be aware that this thread was started almost two years ago...

Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,802,305 times
Dr. Prince is no longer at the Shallowford Family Dental Group. But, the other dentists should be good also. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga