Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM

6 posts, read 59,720 times

Advertisements

McDonalds in Soddy Daisy and also Taco Bell all locations.

What's your favorite chattanooga restaurant ?

Also we have a big mall with eat places in it.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,510 times
We were at the Big River Bar and Grille downtown last weekend and enjoyed it.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 PM

340 posts, read 1,511,536 times
Wow ChattanoogaSucks, you are definitely a quality contributor and clearly knowledgeable when it comes to the under $10.00 meal scene. I have eaten at neither of the places you've mentioned, but let me know when you're working and maybe I'll stop by.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 PM

15 posts, read 48,720 times
Too funny! Well, yes I would love to know some of the better places to eat in Chattanooga---sorry Mickie D's I do not consider truly a restaurant--Dasmarian you seem to have a handle on the area and since I previously posted about looking for work in the restaurant biz while going to school in Chatt, maybe you could give me some names of places that have great food and do great business!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM

184 posts, read 676,176 times
This OP is an idiot. That is all that comes to mind.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 AM

Gulfgirl,

Downtown for higher server income I'd suggest Hennen's, Alleia, St. John's, or St. John's Meeting Place. In Bluff View (essentially downtown) are a couple others that do a high tourism trade . . . Tony's and Back Inn Cafe. Another just outside downtown is The Boathouse, which is super popular with the Baby Boomer set and is always busy. These are probably the busiest high-end establishments but is in no way a complete list of downtown restaurants.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM

28 posts, read 103,113 times
I'd like to add Terra Nostra (northshore) to this list. We just ate there on Tuesday for the first time - it's a tapas restaurant. Excellent food, pretty good service, and very reasonable prices.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,652,115 times
Lolou, how does the whole tapas thing work? I have been wanting to go there... Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 12:07 PM

28 posts, read 103,113 times
I think tapas are good for a larger group - basically, the dishes are all pretty small (think appetizer-sized dishes). The idea is to order a bunch of dishes and then share them among the group. You get to sample a whole bunch of food without committing to just one thing.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:45 PM

We love Terra Nostra, its one of our favorite places to eat in the Noog, although I think it is sadly under-visted (which is why I didn't mention it above as a good place for a server). Never very crowded but oh so good. We always have a wonderful intimate dinner there, and behind Hennen's it is one of our favorite places to take out of town visitors because it is consistently delicious with an amazing offering of international delicacies. For a reasonably sized dinner you might order roughly 3 items (per person). They bring them to you as they are prepared, so if you want to space your meal, enjoy different wines, you can order one or two at a time. You can share if you are so inclined but it isn't necessarily a place for big groups. I believe it is an excellent choice for a nice dinner date. It is not cheap though, just be aware.

I'd recommend their Moroccan crepe and Spring lamb. . . both make my mouth water thinking of them. They also have a nice olive platter . . . but I digress. Everything they have is good, fresh, and the large menu is surprising considering the quality of the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga