Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 11:03 PM

4 posts, read 13,105 times

Advertisements

I have been offered a position in Chattanooga and I would like to learn more about the town. I am a single 27 year old female. I like to have fun with people around my age. How is the young crowd in Chattanooga? Is it easy to make friends? What parts of town do people go out in? I will be working near Hamilton Mall. Any suggestions on places to stay? Any other information would be helpful to me as well.

Thankis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 08:32 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,524 times
I'm a 27 year old single male who moved here 6 months ago from Knoxville. IMO, Chattanooga is more of a family/married couples town, even for folks our age. There's just not a single, post graduate age crowd here. I have not been that impressed with the nightlife and especially not with the live music. That said, that's my only negative about Chattanooga. It's really safe and cheap to live here, and the number of outdoor activities available throughout the area is unreal (better than Knoxville even, which is approx an hour from the Great Smoky Mountains).

Making friends is on you. People are really nice here, I will say.

You'll have to be more specific about what you're looking for as far as housing.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:23 PM

137 posts, read 431,043 times
Quote:
What parts of town do people go out in?
You're looking at the downtown/riverfront area.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM

4 posts, read 13,105 times
So I am definitely going to be moving this week and will be working near Hamilton Place. I heard that apartments in that area are nice and I am also considering Hixson. Any other recomendations? It looks like the live music scene for the summer will be better with nightfall and everything

Old 05-10-2009, 07:41 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,682,667 times
If you'll be working in East Brainerd it may be wise to find a rental out there as well. Hixson is a suburban area with not a lot of night time action. For that you'll want to be in or near downtown. The Northshore has a cool vibe, but the South Side is up and coming with a number of night spots opening.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:17 AM

13 posts, read 28,238 times
I live in Hixson at the Reserve at lakeshore apartments. They are REALLY nice, you can make it your own (paint ect), there is a really nice pool, AMAZING views, you can have pets... we pay 619 a month for 1 bedroom (they are large)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga