Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 AM

849 posts, read 2,959,154 times

Advertisements

I was on the Marion County COC site and came across an event occurring during a planned visit with my teenage sons and wife in late October. It is called the Color Cruise and is occurring at Lake Nickajack/Hales Bar Marina.

Does anyone have any information on what this is? Is it a boat cruise, a fair, just the name, etc? There wasn't any real in depth information, but I want to know if this is something the family will enjoy. What are the activities?

Thanks for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 03:40 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,247,410 times
You might want to ask this one on the Chattanooga sub-forum, Grizzly.

It sounds like . . . one of those cruises on a pontoon boat whether they take a group all around the Lake Nickajack with the purpose of looking at the trees after they've changed color. It would be especially nice if you've never seen the colors in Tennessee in the fall.

There's one of these near Nashville in Ashland City called the Blue Heron that runs almost year-round. They take people on a nice, half-day cruise up and down the Cumberland River and show them the wildlife and whatever.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 AM

Thanks Alleycat.

MBMouse - Feel free to move this under the Chattanooga sub-forum.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,353,484 times
Will Do.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:05 AM

Did a little digging and found these pictures from 2005 Color Cruise. $2 cans of beer, whoo hoo! The area looks beautiful.

Hales Bar Marina and Resort on Nickajack Lake, Tennessee

Old 07-21-2007, 06:57 AM

390 posts, read 1,703,695 times
That looks fun! There are just so many great events to check out when we get there! Chattanooga has some great fall (Harvest and Halloween)and winter events, leading up to Christmas. I saw that there is a maize maze and I was excited, because that is the kind of thing I had growing up in Rochester NY and surrounding areas. They really do it up for Christmas also, from the looks of things I have seen on the web! Very cool!

Old 07-21-2007, 04:39 PM

255 posts, read 758,542 times
Default Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
That looks fun! There are just so many great events to check out when we get there! Chattanooga has some great fall (Harvest and Halloween)and winter events, leading up to Christmas. I saw that there is a maize maze and I was excited, because that is the kind of thing I had growing up in Rochester NY and surrounding areas. They really do it up for Christmas also, from the looks of things I have seen on the web! Very cool!
Hey BB,

We were there last thanksgiving and LOVED it, they really go all out for the winter holidays we thought. If you get the chance visit Lookout Mountain/Ruby falls or Rock City to see beautiful decorations and really get in the spirit...it was great. Have a wonderful visit.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:57 AM

6 posts, read 33,518 times
Default Fall Color Cruise - 2008 - TN - Marion County - Hales Bar Marina

Fall Color Cruise Festival will be October 25th, October 26th, November 1st and November 2nd of 2008

For anyone visiting the Chattanooga area or interested in seeking info on subject, please see www.halesbarmarina.com/colorcruise.
Boat cruise begins in Chattanooga (Hamilton County), traveling thru TN River gorge to Hales Bar Marina (Marion County) only a short drive of approx 20 miles from Chattanooga.

Scenic river tour & beautiful drive. Have only done the river tour once; truly memorable experience. Driving tour (Hwy 41) is beautiful at this time of year with the fall colors. Once arriving, check out the above web site for more info, particularly the Links section for more to see & do while in the Chattanooga area.
Note: I am not affiliated in any way with this Marina; just a local who happens to be proud of this TN area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga