Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 PM

120 posts, read 498,771 times

Advertisements

We're having my sister's bachelorette party in uptown Charlotte and we're staying at the Marriott and probably going out at the Epicenter after. I live in Raleigh and don't know too much about what there is in Charlotte.

Can I get some suggestions on a nice place to have dinner with just the bridesmaids before the festivities kick off? I want someplace that's affordable (a lot of the girls are on budgets) and maybe has a nice patio/outdoor area to dine on. Also someplace within walking distance of the Epicenter/Marriott would be great.

Suggestions please!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 01:53 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,414,616 times
The rooftop at Ri-Ra? Zink also has a small outdoor patio area and is pretty reasonable. Luce has an outdoor section, as well, but I'm not sure of their entree pricepoints.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 PM

249 posts, read 500,192 times
You won't ever need to leave Epicenter if you don't want to. You can eat at Black Finn, and several places within.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,224,403 times
When is the event? I don't need specifics, but it could determine for weather. And when you say affordable, help me out? Some places to eat at the Epicenter itself, but I would go to McCormick and Schmits, Ri Ra, (Zinks is ok, but haven't been there since the change, hopefully it's better). Places I don't recommend are Sonoma and Aria, too much price too little food and they serve wine in milk glasses (thats what I call them). Lot os fother places in uptown Charlotte and whats nice is all within 3 blocks of Trade and Tryon our center point and i believe the hotel your staying at, and Epicenter is one block from there.

Welcome and have fun, and if you need guys to come and buy you drinks, let us know.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:35 AM

120 posts, read 498,771 times
Oooh my sister does love Ri Ra. We'll be there mid-July. I found Cosmos Cafe online that looks pretty good. Does anyone have any input on Cosmos Cafe? Whytewulf- I saw Sonoma and Aria too but you're right- I hate paying a lot of money for a little food- give me a burger or something!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,224,403 times
I like Cosmos for hanging and appetizers, but not an actual sit down meal. I guess it depends what you are going for, a little more class, good food, good wine, good convo, or chill barish type food and casual atmosphere. Also in July it could be a bit warm even at night, so maybe the patio areas arent exactly what you want.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 AM

249 posts, read 500,192 times
Cosmos turns from "restaurant" into "bar" at night. I'd go somewhere decent to eat and THEN hit the bar scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: