Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 7,981 times

Advertisements

I am looking for buying a home in the concord area, preferably in the Highland creek or in the winding walk subdivisions.

After doing some research, I figured out new construction is probably less expensive than the existing old homes in the market.

Spoke to the builders around the area. You know how the sales agents talk. They always try to prove they are the best and the prices they offer now are really low when compared to what they sold in these same communities an year (or couple years) ago.

But, before getting into anything I just wanted to know the (realistic) prices in these communities.
I need some help if anyone has recently constructed or purchased an inventory home with the builder in these communities.

Also, I need some suggestions about which community has more potential for the prices to appreciate!

I am on a budget and I need a bigger home for my growing family, may be a home with 2500+ sfoot.

Would appreciate ur help folks!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 PM

17 posts, read 27,092 times
I'm in the same boat as you. We liked Dominion Point at Highland Creek ....but have so many questions, wch offcourse no one seems to answer neither the builder nor the realtor.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:19 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,590,319 times
You need to find an agent that you feel comfortable with. Do NOT sign an agreement to work exclusively with them unless you know they are right for you. You would be crazy to buy a home without an agent working on your side (just my opinion and I am not a real estate agent!).

Old 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Question base price?

But, all I am doing right now is little bit of ground work. Just looking for a starting point. (I cannot go with the builder's price as a starting point). Did u or someone that u know has signed any contracts recently?.

I have just started working with a realtor. But, I havent reached the comfortable point yet. Guess will take some more time.
I am sure, once I like something I am sure I will go with my realtor (not sure if it is the same person or a different person when that happens though).

Again, please help me out if u can!

Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,453,894 times
Regardless if your comfortable with them or not - your realtor should be able to pull comps for you. Have any new construction homes sold in those neighborhoods in the past 6 months? If so, I think those would be your most pertinent comps.

What are your other questions that the builder/realtor can't answer for you?

Old 03-18-2010, 02:50 PM

46 posts, read 126,458 times
If you have a buyer agency agreement, your realtor will pull comps for you. If not, they are not obligated to help you negotiate.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:58 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,590,319 times
I agree that an agent would not want to spend alot of time/effort without a buyers agency agreement however, if your agent will not help you with comps in the market area unless they have a buyers agent agreement - you need a different agent!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,922,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_2_clt View Post
I am looking for buying a home in the concord area, preferably in the Highland creek or in the winding walk subdivisions.

After doing some research, I figured out new construction is probably less expensive than the existing old homes in the market.

Spoke to the builders around the area. You know how the sales agents talk. They always try to prove they are the best and the prices they offer now are really low when compared to what they sold in these same communities an year (or couple years) ago.

But, before getting into anything I just wanted to know the (realistic) prices in these communities.
I need some help if anyone has recently constructed or purchased an inventory home with the builder in these communities.

Also, I need some suggestions about which community has more potential for the prices to appreciate!

I am on a budget and I need a bigger home for my growing family, may be a home with 2500+ sfoot.

Would appreciate ur help folks!

Thanks

I would tell you this - you will have more negoiating romm with a homeower than a builder.

Basically, if you see a new construction home that is already built and sitting empty, they will deal with you a little more.

But for homes yet to be built the price listed on their price sheet is about what you are going to pay, as builders have already been adjusting their prices down to stay competitive.

So, have you found a brand new empty home, or are you hoping to build?

Old 03-18-2010, 03:39 PM

46 posts, read 126,458 times
Your agent should have discussed “Working with Real Estate Agents” with you. Most people don't know that unless you have a buyer agency agreement, ALL agents work for the seller. Due to the cooperative agreement with the MLS, we are ALL subagents of the seller until we are hired to represent the buyer. This is why we don’t pull comps for unrepresented buyers. If you are working with a signed or oral buyer agreement, please don’t disclose any confidential information you don’t want the seller to know.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Question Signing with a realtor?

Say, I signup the agreement (do u call buyer's agent agreement?) with a realtor and I started working with that person.
For some reason, if I dont go well with that person, what options do I have?
Can I still fire this person and go with a different person at that time?

(The reason for all my concerns being new to the area and I do not have any references for a realtor and I am just picking someone randomly).

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte