Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:26 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,817,021 times

Advertisements

Let me preface and say that I drive A LOT mostly in NC. When looking at peoples license plates in NC, the lettering, I thought, was always blue. Lately I've noticed that there is a lot of red lettering on the NC plates. Is this something new?

I know this is trivial, but something I've noticed lately. Am I nuts???

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 06:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,053,560 times
You're fine.

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/hot_topics/download/plate_recall.pdf (broken link)

Old 06-03-2007, 06:50 AM

107 posts, read 121,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Let me preface and say that I drive A LOT mostly in NC. When looking at peoples license plates in NC, the lettering, I thought, was always blue. Lately I've noticed that there is a lot of red lettering on the NC plates. Is this something new?

I know this is trivial, but something I've noticed lately. Am I nuts???

Thanks,
no its new. arent they yucky?> haahahah

Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 AM

Most states rotate their tag designs every five to 15 years. North Carolina last changed the standard design in 1982. Only Delaware, which uses a 1962 design, has kept the same standard design longer than North Carolina.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 AM

536 posts, read 1,696,710 times
Exclamation Amazing mm34b!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Most states rotate their tag designs every five to 15 years. North Carolina last changed the standard design in 1982. Only Delaware, which uses a 1962 design, has kept the same standard design longer than North Carolina.
Where do you get all these useless (but great facts for a chat board) from?

Last edited by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz; 06-03-2007 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: exclamation point to question mark

Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Where do you get all these useless (but great facts for a chat board) from?
Read that one in my local newspaper.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 AM

73 posts, read 247,696 times
Because I am originally from Ohio, I personally hate the NC license plates. I think the plate should be changed to "First to fly planes built in Ohio". or "Two guys from Ohio built an airplane in Ohio and flew it here", or "All of the inovation and science required to fly came out of Ohio, but they used our sand and wind".

Old 06-03-2007, 12:39 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,817,021 times
Thanks everyone!!!! So let me get this straight....they're "redesigning" the old license plates by simply changing the color of the lettering???

Gosh, you would think that someone could have done better and put it out like in a contest or something.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what they'd like to see on a NC License Plate??? How about a picture of a pig and the line "Our BBQ is Better Than Yours!"

Old 06-03-2007, 12:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,660,172 times
They actually have given you more options for your plate than what has been mention some Im ok with but others I think it a little over done.

I personally rather the new designs to be stuck to carolina base teams and landmarks.

I also think some states go overboard with their license plate design that I do not know what state they are from anymore.

Here are various things you can do to your license plate

Special Interest
https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/d...alinterest.htm

Civic clubs
https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/d...civicclubs.htm

Military
https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/d...r_military.htm

Nascar
https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/d...collegiate.htm

Collegiate
https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/d...collegiate.htm

To answer the Ohio poster Kitty Hawk was where the self-propelled aircraft was first successfully flown on December 17, 1903, at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina on flights of just over 100 feet to over 800 feet. No one is disputing the location of the wright brothers or that ohio was first in avaition but Kitty Hawk is where the first self propelled flight over 800 ft took place.
Wright 1903 Flyer

Old 06-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Thanks everyone!!!! So let me get this straight....they're "redesigning" the old license plates by simply changing the color of the lettering???
Yep, the color change is it. Maybe the state wants North Carolinians to sign up for one of the 100+ specialized plates instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte