Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM

2,217 posts, read 2,855,376 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are going to be moving to Charlotte, we're looking for a church with a sizable late-20s-early 30s crowd and a good contemporary Christian music worship service. Our background is Presbyterian. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 PM

8,077 posts, read 10,672,736 times
I absolutely do have a suggestion for you! Try Central Church of God on Sardis Road in Charlotte. Check out their website. I was raised in a Baptist church, but my mother attends this Church - the congregation is huge, people of all races and nationalities, and the Pastor is so down to earth and plain spoken, I've never heard a better pastor. But the MUSIC is the thing - the music is contemporary and better than anything you've ever heard, ANYWHERE, no canned music all live orchestra, and fantastic soloists - I PROMISE you, your heart and spirit will be soar. You will be blessed if you visit this church, there are a lot of people in your age bracket, and many,many things to be involved in.

If you go, let me know how you like it.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,294 times
Default North Charlotte area churches

My husband and I have visited several churches in the north charlotte area. Our favorites so far have been Mosaic Church which meeets at an elementary school in the University area. Pastor is Naeem Fazel, an extraordinary pastor with an unbelieveable testimony and uplifting messages each week. Music is off the charts...best I've ever heard. Great for young "up and comings"

We liked Mecklenburg Community Church too. The pastor there is Jim White....great teacher. Music was great!! The church was abit too big for us....not the homey feel we were looking for but we were impressed with the schedule of events for children and the family. Never a dull moment at Mecklenburg!

We're currently attending Assurance Methodist Church in west Mecklenburg. Good music, smaller congregation of all ages, and a place where we may just call home. We've all heard the rumors about how boring Methodist and Presbyterian services can be...not the case here. There is a traditional and a contemporary service offered...something for every taste. We liked that.

Good luck and God bless you on your search.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:02 PM

156 posts, read 512,200 times
Check out Eternal Church which meets at the YMCA in Baxter Village in Fort Mill. Their website is Eternal Church - Fort Mill, SC . You can hear the sermons and a sampling of their music online.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:37 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,059,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
My husband and I have visited several churches in the north charlotte area. Our favorites so far have been Mosaic Church which meeets at an elementary school in the University area. Pastor is Naeem Fazel, an extraordinary pastor with an unbelieveable testimony and uplifting messages each week. Music is off the charts...best I've ever heard. Great for young "up and comings"

We liked Mecklenburg Community Church too. The pastor there is Jim White....great teacher. Music was great!! The church was abit too big for us....not the homey feel we were looking for but we were impressed with the schedule of events for children and the family. Never a dull moment at Mecklenburg!

We're currently attending Assurance Methodist Church in west Mecklenburg. Good music, smaller congregation of all ages, and a place where we may just call home. We've all heard the rumors about how boring Methodist and Presbyterian services can be...not the case here. There is a traditional and a contemporary service offered...something for every taste. We liked that.

Good luck and God bless you on your search.

I would like to +++ about Mosaic. I have been attending there for a couple of years now. Check it out...Mosaic Church
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte