Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 10,886 times

Advertisements

I am new to Charlotte and am looking for a restaurant that serves a 3-course dinner for Valentine's Day weekend or any night for that matter. I've found that this is the way to get the best deal. $40-ish per person is probably the most we could spend. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM

533 posts, read 1,834,470 times
we went to firenze last yar for valentine's day. it's a yummy italian restaurant in the piper glen area. forgot how much they charged, but it was a 3-4 course type deal and wasn't too much $.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:06 PM

140 posts, read 272,517 times
Firenze closed recently. Another Italian restaurant opened there.....Rudy's Italian?? I think Cosmo's is offering some kind of special for Valentine's weekend.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:25 PM

79 posts, read 287,236 times
i heard there is a good tapas place around having a special anyone heard of that?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM

533 posts, read 1,834,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexih View Post
Firenze closed recently. Another Italian restaurant opened there.....Rudy's Italian?? I think Cosmo's is offering some kind of special for Valentine's weekend.
oh too bad, we had a good dinner there last year. heading to asheville this valentine's day, can't wait!

andrew blairs is having special courses for v-day, similar to their restaurant week menu. we went last night for the first time, but it wasn't overly impressed.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,704,291 times
Most of the nicer local restaurants are likely fully well booked for VD at this point.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 10,886 times
I was afraid places would book quickly, so I called New South Kitchen and made a reservation. I've been before and LOVED it, but wanted to try something new. Now I'm running out of time, so we're going back for a second time. They have a three-course dinner that includes a glass of wine for $25 a person. Everything my boyfriend and I ate was absolutely amazing. I had a grilled romaine caesar salad, the best crabcakes I've ever had, and butterscotch bread pudding. My boyfriend had a different salad, the pork w/butternut squash, bacon, and pecan bbq sauce, and something chocoltely for dessert. By the dessert course, I just knew that whatever I ordered I would love - the chef gained my confidence very quickly. I know this is my thread, but now I feel like giving advice haha. They are not booked, so if anyone is looking for the same deal I am, try New South Kitchen. Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte