Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 PM

4 posts, read 7,610 times

Advertisements

Im looking for help! Im a Surgical Tech from upstate NY I work at a level 1 hospital for 7years, my wife a LPN for 10year. We are both looking foward to move by the summertime.I have 2 children both going to 6th grade by time we move.My request is can anyone recommed a good area to live in Concord.I figuire we can afford appt or townhouse rent up to $1000/3br
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech4Life View Post
Im looking for help! Im a Surgical Tech from upstate NY I work at a level 1 hospital for 7years, my wife a LPN for 10year. We are both looking foward to move by the summertime.I have 2 children both going to 6th grade by time we move.My request is can anyone recommed a good area to live in Concord.I figuire we can afford appt or townhouse rent up to $1000/3br
Where are you working in Charlotte? There may be a more convenient area than Concord. If you have your heart set on Concord, we can advise you for there.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Im living upstate ny now.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:36 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech4Life View Post
Im living upstate ny now.
I know, but the way that you worded your post, it sounds like you & your wife have jobs in Charlotte & that you want to live in Concord & commute from there. I asked you where the jobs will be, so that we can help you better. There may be other locations that would be a better commute.

You can live where you want, but at least you will be aware of other locaations, if they would be a better commute.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 AM

I was Recruited to work at Mercy Hosp on University in charlotte. My wife no job yet but want to work at a nursing home in concord or charlotte

Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 PM

28 posts, read 50,361 times
Default surgical tech

I'm confused as to where you will work. Carolinas Healthcare Systems "own" both University Hospital and Mercy Hospital. They are not close together. Are you going to commute between the two. Concord is a long commute, there are people who do that but you might want to think of the wear and tear on your car, plus your time. You can find rentals in $1000 closer in and in some areas you could buy a house for that. There are a lot of LTC facilities your wife may be able to work at. Personally, I would find the job and then a place to live. Charlotte is really spread out. You don't want to spend all your time commuting. Good luck and welcome.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,875 times
Hi I have just relocated to the Concord area and I am a nurse. I strongly suggest you find employment before you relocate. It took me 2 months before I got a job in a nursing home, also please be expecting like a 6 to 7 dollar an hour pay cut. In this area it is hard to get jobs even nursing. Just wanted to give you that bit of info, hope it is helpful!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Thank you everyone for all the great info.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:05 PM

95 posts, read 243,954 times
check out the hyde park condos /townhomes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: