Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,700,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
ken.d.lewis@bankofamerica.com

Sr. VP

CONTACT: Colleen Haggerty of Bank of America, +1-213-621-7414, or
Colleen.haggerty@bankofamerica.com
Chromekitty---lewis is gone and Haggerty is a media person. She's well trained to "accent the positive and " (I forgot the rest of the lyrics of the song). Besides she's on the West Coast. I want a face to face.

I thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 04:13 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Chromekitty---lewis is gone and Haggerty is a media person. She's well trained to "accent the positive and " (I forgot the rest of the lyrics of the song). Besides she's on the West Coast. I want a face to face.

I thank you.

I read on another board that someone sent lewis a love note, and they got a read receipt.... LOL! So either he or his lackey is reading it. He isn't gone quite yet, I bet.

I would think best measure would be to just go down there and ask to speak to someone, if I were a betting person I would think that you'd be hard pressed to get a face to face.

But remember, Melissa Hankins on WBTV is all over these bofa/lewis stories...shoot her an email and suggest she do an expose' on the clients of bofa who are beyond angry.

Send a letter to corporate and cc EVERY media outlet you can think of, that might get you some response. Rattling cages always works, trust me...

Old 10-30-2009, 04:18 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,208,979 times
Unfortunately the local media here is scared of the banks and won't push them hard. If they report something negative it's usually written by someone not in the city and is generally a reprint of an AP article. Local reporting generally consists of bubble headed parroting of whatever the bank has to say to them.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:23 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Unfortunately the local media here is scared of the banks and won't push them hard. If they report something negative it's usually written by someone not in the city and is generally a reprint of an AP article. Local reporting generally consists of bubble headed parroting of whatever the bank has to say to them.

I disagree, the reporter I mentioned is not afraid of this nor is her boss.
If she were afraid she wouldn't have gotten the ONLY interview/tracking down pf/with him a couple of weeks ago. That lady is not afraid....

Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,032,281 times
pink, I don't work for BOA, but, if BOA is anything like another bank that I work for, the chances of you getting a meeting with someone on the executive level are about as slim as one of the actual workers (peons) getting one. Put it plainly, it ain't gonna happen. Those execs are so tightly protected, they put the secret service to shame and I doubt their spouses get to them easily!! They don't talk to customers, they don't even talk to co-workers. The only options you will have is some PR person or a branch manager or something. Even then, there will not be anything actually accomplished, except wasting a lot of your time. You will say what you think, they will (possibly) take a few notes, nod knowingly, apologize sincerely and then when you leave, they will throw those notes into the shredder and go on with their lives.

The bank's sole purpose right now is making money. They are bound by the gov't to limit the ways that they do it, so, they find other means. Unless you are a kazillion-aire with even more stock in the bank, they really don't care what you say or do. Because they are not making money on you. (or not enough anyway).

Look at what Wells did to ensure their approval of the takeover of Wachovia...they required that WB give them 49+% of the stock FIRST before the stockholders could vote. Gee, was that rocket science that the takeover was approved??? anyway, I digress.

If you want real, personal service, try a credit union. I would suggest a small, community bank, but, they are dropping like flies these days. However, the bottom line is...you are NOT going to get great personal service from the largest bank in the country. They are far too big to care about YOU. (no offense)

Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,962 times
What are you intending to do? You don't like their new accounts? I guess you can always leave as you say, but I doubt anyone at corporate can sit down like that. I can understand you frustration, but Your best bet is talking to a branch manager in person.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:39 AM

^^^^I'v done branch manager in person. Then district manager by phone.Then client services by phone.(client services insists that I speak to one of their financial service people which I refuse to do). Next steps are being developed right here on board.

I'm not willing to accept (just yet) that my account at BOA is meaningless and I will not be getting the type of service that I need unless I go along with some of the programs that they have now put in place.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
pink, I don't work for BOA, but, if BOA is anything like another bank that I work for, the chances of you getting a meeting with someone on the executive level are about as slim as one of the actual workers (peons) getting one. Put it plainly, it ain't gonna happen. Those execs are so tightly protected, they put the secret service to shame and I doubt their spouses get to them easily!! They don't talk to customers, they don't even talk to co-workers. The only options you will have is some PR person or a branch manager or something. Even then, there will not be anything actually accomplished, except wasting a lot of your time. You will say what you think, they will (possibly) take a few notes, nod knowingly, apologize sincerely and then when you leave, they will throw those notes into the shredder and go on with their lives.

The bank's sole purpose right now is making money. They are bound by the gov't to limit the ways that they do it, so, they find other means. Unless you are a kazillion-aire with even more stock in the bank, they really don't care what you say or do. Because they are not making money on you. (or not enough anyway).

Look at what Wells did to ensure their approval of the takeover of Wachovia...they required that WB give them 49+% of the stock FIRST before the stockholders could vote. Gee, was that rocket science that the takeover was approved??? anyway, I digress.

If you want real, personal service, try a credit union. I would suggest a small, community bank, but, they are dropping like flies these days. However, the bottom line is...you are NOT going to get great personal service from the largest bank in the country. They are far too big to care about YOU. (no offense)
CC--I hear you and prolly this is the way it's going to go down. But, I have put my boxing gloves on so I might just as well keep punching as I have a few more weeks to make a decision of staying or going.

Alto my issue has nothing to do with CC rates as shown in this video clip (quite the opposite) I thought you would like to see how management can be called to task if done with PR pressure.
Bank of America cuts customer's rate after YouTube rant - Sep. 29, 2009

Old 10-31-2009, 05:50 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,208,979 times
Try these links for BofA if you have not already done so:

Phone Numbers: Reach Bank Of America Executive Customer Relations

Executive Customer Service: 5 Bank of America Executive Email Addresses

Bank Of America: Reach BoA Customer Service On Twitter

If you want to pull out the nuclear option, then send a complaint letter to either Sue Myrick, Mel Watt or Larry Kissell (depending on where you live in Charlotte) and copy the bank on it.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:31 AM

^^^^Thanks for the links. Yep, I'm trying to use the Nuc. Bomb.

Funny, ironic story. When I was just out of college with no money to speak of I went to a ML office to open up my first stock account. I will NEVER forget that day when the rep told me I didn't have enough money and I should place my biz. elsewhere. I promised myself that I would always keep that experience in mind.

Now, one of the issues is: "You MUST open up an account with ML with our financial planner team...bla, bla, bull turd", yeah right. That's like saying I'd like the swine flu while you steal fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte