Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 AM

693 posts, read 2,178,143 times

Advertisements

Thinking about repairing the transmission on my old car...can any one recommend a a good/reputable transmission place in or near Matthews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 11:35 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,837,235 times
Not in Matthews but near uptown I know an excellent one. D&R Auto Repair.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:36 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,355,595 times
What kind of car is it?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 918 times
this is crazy...when i start the car (2006 ford escape ) the gears work perfect..all of them...than after a few minutes it's like it shifted into neutral, it just doesn't catch anymore...no noise no clunking. turn the car off wait a couple of minutes start it up again same thing. for the few minutes it runs it runs perfect. PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:42 PM

33 posts, read 118,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Thinking about repairing the transmission on my old car...can any one recommend a a good/reputable transmission place in or near Matthews?
I'd recommend Aamco in Matthews for transmissions. We've gone to Aamco for a couple different things and they've always been on the up-and-up honest side of things. Definitely appreciate those guys.

However, note that their wait times can be ridiculous on occasion (they had our Dodge Neon for a week to replace the timing belt & water pump) AND do not trust their website for hours and info. The hours on the website do not match when these guys are actually open, so always call first.

Right now I see a coupon on their website for $100 off transmissions... Check it out.

AAMCO - The Experts in Transmissions, Car A/C, Brakes Service, Tune-Ups & Total Car Care (coupons)
Google Maps

Old 09-05-2011, 10:19 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,986,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by absentchaos View Post
I'd recommend Aamco in Matthews for transmissions. We've gone to Aamco for a couple different things and they've always been on the up-and-up honest side of things. Definitely appreciate those guys.

However, note that their wait times can be ridiculous on occasion (they had our Dodge Neon for a week to replace the timing belt & water pump) AND do not trust their website for hours and info. The hours on the website do not match when these guys are actually open, so always call first.

Right now I see a coupon on their website for $100 off transmissions... Check it out.

AAMCO - The Experts in Transmissions, Car A/C, Brakes Service, Tune-Ups & Total Car Care (coupons)
Google Maps
I have a friend that worked at this location for a long time and went out on his own. He fixes transmissions (and everything else) for much less than they do. DM me if you're interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte