Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 PM

77 posts, read 404,757 times

Advertisements

Looking for a restaurant that you can wear casual clothes, not fancy, moderate to expensive, locally owned (no chains please!!!), and has great food. A great steak, or seafood, italian, etc. Awesome desserts would REALLY top the night off (quadruple chocolate explosion anyone?). Almost any location in the greater Charlotte area or into SC.

Also, give me suggestions on what is the specialty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 10:00 PM

220 posts, read 1,109,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensruul View Post
Looking for a restaurant that you can wear casual clothes, not fancy, moderate to expensive, locally owned (no chains please!!!), and has great food. A great steak, or seafood, italian, etc. Awesome desserts would REALLY top the night off (quadruple chocolate explosion anyone?). Almost any location in the greater Charlotte area or into SC.

Also, give me suggestions on what is the specialty...
Beef and Bottle. Best steaks in Charlotte.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:51 AM

240 posts, read 1,033,135 times
131 Main. I think they have 2 locations in the Charlotte area, 1 in the Lake Norman area and 1 in Ballantyne (Blakeney shopping center). The Lake Norman location is the original location, and it's not a big chain restaurant. It's mainly American food here (steaks, seafood, etc), and the restaurants are very nice, but pretty casual. The first time I went to the restaurant, I called about their dress code, and they said "as long as you're wearing clothes, you're fine"

For a good Italian meal from a locally owned place, I'd try Portofino's (they have 3 or 4 locations arond town... I usually go to the Aysrley Town Center location on S. Tryon, right off of 485) or Il Nido (in a small shopping center at the NE instersection of Providence and Fairview Rd). Both are nice restaurants, but casual as well.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:09 AM

48 posts, read 67,291 times
Mama Ricotta's is pretty good for Italian.
McIntosh is a pretty good steak house for local owned.
We had a good meal at Providence Cafe which is local.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:15 AM

85 posts, read 362,196 times
Pewter Rose......'one' of the best.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:30 PM

77 posts, read 404,757 times
Great suggestions...I am making a list...need more choices!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 PM

240 posts, read 1,033,135 times
Encore Bistro and Sugar Magnolia, both in the Blakeney shopping center on Rea Rd, are very good. Encore has a mix of everything (steak, chicken, seafood, pasta, salads... try the Encore salad, etc), and Sugar Magnolia calls itself "low country cuisine" (menu is heavy on seafood, but has some steak and chicken). You'll see various levels of attire in both of these places, but Sugar Magnolia is a bit less casual (might want to wear khakis, or at least jeans with shoes and a polo shirt with collar).

City Range is great for steaks, chicken, and ribs (on Johnston Rd in Ballantyne). I think they started out in SC, and this is their third of fourth restaurant. So it's a very small chain at this point You can get away with jeans in this place.

For Mexican, I'd try Cantina 1511. They have a couple of locations in Charlotte, and I believe they're locally owned. I've only been to the Stonecrest location (Rea Rd at Ballantyne Commons Pkwy). Very good food, and nice atmosphere too.

Another good American place is Village Tavern. I forget the exact address, but it's somewhere behind the Southpark mall on Morrison Rd. /we;ve had steaks, chicken, and seafood there, and everything has always been very good. Great service too, and jeans would be fine here. Think of it as a slightly upscale bar with very good food

Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM

83 posts, read 399,211 times
Mac's Speed Shop on South Boulevard has some of THE BEST barbecue I've ever had. GREAT atmosphere, too. I recommend sitting outside when the weather's nice. Lots of bikers frequent that place, and it's great hearing the revving of their bike engines.

Here's their website:

Mac's Speed Shop (broken link)

Old 04-23-2007, 04:26 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexx View Post
Mac's Speed Shop on South Boulevard has some of THE BEST barbecue I've ever had. GREAT atmosphere, too. I recommend sitting outside when the weather's nice. Lots of bikers frequent that place, and it's great hearing the revving of their bike engines.

Here's their website:

Mac's Speed Shop (broken link)
Their beef brisket is THE best I have ever had - yum!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Mio Posto in the Tower Place shopping center is good Italian food, I definitely agree with 131 Main & Village Tavern. More expensive Italian, I'd say OK to jeans if you're sitting outside is Toscana in Southpark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte