Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2007, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,796 times

Advertisements

I have been doing some research online in the North Carolina area, particularly around the Lake Norman area. I am anticipating a move from Florida within the year, and have really been impressed with what I have read about Huntersville. My kids are all grown, so it would just be me and the dog moving. I'm planning a trip up there in June, but can anyone give me any insight into the actual "living" in this area? Jobs, rent, activities, etc.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
Its a nice and upcoming area. Depending on what you are looking to rent ie: SFH or Condo etc.

What kind of employment are looking for?

Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM

41 posts, read 82,815 times
Default Huntersville

A nice place to look at is Birkdale Village. There are lots of shops, stores, movies, and restaurants in this area. All within walking distance. Huntersville has grown alot in the last 12 years, and is much larger than it used to be. Be sure to visit Jetton Park in Cornelius, exit 28, off I-77. This is a favorite place to picnic, overlooking Lake Norman, and there's a 1.5 mile paved walking trail that you and your dog will like (lots of trees, too) . Good luck!

Old 05-03-2007, 10:36 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amomof3 View Post
A nice place to look at is Birkdale Village. There are lots of shops, stores, movies, and restaurants in this area. All within walking distance. Huntersville has grown alot in the last 12 years, and is much larger than it used to be. Be sure to visit Jetton Park in Cornelius, exit 28, off I-77. This is a favorite place to picnic, overlooking Lake Norman, and there's a 1.5 mile paved walking trail that you and your dog will like (lots of trees, too) . Good luck!

Shhhh don't tell everyone about that park

Old 05-03-2007, 11:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I have not been to that park yet and I have been here about 5 years I will have to check it out but if there has been alot of pets there before LOL I dont know if I want to take the dog she tends to stop every two feet sniffing out other dog smells.

I am partial of going to Mountain Island lake for a day of fun they have plenty of wooded trails and I can launch my kayak there at Latta Plantation.

What I like about living here is I feel like Im living in a new city that is progressing but still quiet and I feel the area is safe. It in my opinion is a good central location to get to shopping, lake or uptown charlotte.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I have not been to that park yet and I have been here about 5 years I will have to check it out but if there has been alot of pets there before LOL I dont know if I want to take the dog she tends to stop every two feet sniffing out other dog smells.

I am partial of going to Mountain Island lake for a day of fun they have plenty of wooded trails and I can launch my kayak there at Latta Plantation.

What I like about living here is I feel like Im living in a new city that is progressing but still quiet and I feel the area is safe. It in my opinion is a good central location to get to shopping, lake or uptown charlotte.

I have seen lots of dogs there. Check it out first and then bring the doggie. It's a neat neat place.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:24 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
We ride our bikes alot. Also the Letterboxing thing has some in the park

Old 07-22-2007, 03:36 PM

457 posts, read 1,377,425 times
Default Huntersville, here I come.....

Hi Guys,

Well, I'm planning to relocte to Huntersville on or about Oct. 1st, I've been looking on-line at different apartments, Birkdale Village, Colonial Grand at Huntersville, currently under construction, they both look awesome. Any thoughts on either of these properties. I'm a single guy in my 50's, currently doing consultant work, and my two children are residing in Charlotte, so, I'm really excidted about the upcoming relo. Any informatiuon can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks much...
Ron

Old 07-22-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Well, I'm planning to relocte to Huntersville on or about Oct. 1st, I've been looking on-line at different apartments, Birkdale Village, Colonial Grand at Huntersville, currently under construction, they both look awesome. Any thoughts on either of these properties. I'm a single guy in my 50's, currently doing consultant work, and my two children are residing in Charlotte, so, I'm really excidted about the upcoming relo. Any informatiuon can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks much...
Ron

Birkdale Village would be awesome, but it's noisy since it's located over the restaurants and stores but I would have lived there if I could afford it.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks much...
Ron
base on their website looks like you get alot of amenities for your rent you might want to start a different thread in charlotte subforum that is labeled anyone know anything about colonial apartments or have reside in them and see what kind of response you get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte