Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 AM

17 posts, read 46,682 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Charlotte area in August. I will be working in Concord and other areas of Cabarrus county. I currently have Sprint cell phone service and I live in the DC area. Sprint service here is OK at times I have to search for a signal. Can anyone tell me how good or bad Sprint cell phone service is in the Charlotte/Concord area? If Sprint is not very good what other services do you suggest? I plan to use my cell phone quite a bit for work and I want to make sure that I have pretty good service down there. Thanks for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 06:18 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
DH and I have Sprint and have had pretty decent service. We live 3 miles from Uptown Charlotte, so I can't really comment on how the service would be in Cabarrus County. I'm sure others will reply.

Where in the DC area are you moving from? We lived in Alexandria for 10 years.

Welcome!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:00 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
There's a few other threads on this topic that have come up before if you want to do a search. Having said that, I've had Verizon Wireless for ages (actually, I've had that service and the same number since the mid-90's) and I've never had a signal problem with them anywhere in the area.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 AM

518 posts, read 2,060,526 times
We've had Verizon about 9 years now, great service in and around the Charlotte Metro area. We are in the Mallard Creek area, 15 minutes north of uptown, West of 85 and East of 77, about 10 minutes South of the Cabarrus County line. We had AT&T when we moved down here from Fredericksburg, VA 10 years ago.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:32 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I have Sprint and I hate it. I live in Matthews and have to go to my front door to make a call. My work phone uses Verizon and that works fine all over my house and everywhere else.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 AM

87 posts, read 342,626 times
I work in the Concord area and the Sprint signal is very good. My co-workers here are using Verizon Wireless, Nextel, AT&T and they all say signal is good.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
I've tried Sprint and Verizon and travel from here to up in Midwest US and Verizon has much better coverage and less dead spots. I live on Matthews/Weddington line and Sprint works terrible in my house unless I go outside, Verizon works fine.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 AM

248 posts, read 721,891 times
Everyone.. Every service provider has blackspots somewhere.. it need not be for the whole area.. it may be in some one's home or office bldg or basement.. so its hard to say.. if u are asking does sprint have coverage and network in this area.. then they do.. I have sprint for 9 years and I lived in DC area and I had excellent service there.. sometime it would get iffy at home.. but most places i had no issues.. and I havent found a black spot in Charlotte yet.. its been fine.. Go Sprint!!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Verizon is really the best in Charlotte and across the state. You even get good coverage in the mountains with them, which is important to me

Old 07-01-2009, 12:29 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
I have Sprint (not Nextel, which is different from Sprint even though they're the "same" company) and have no problems with them. I just put the wife on ATT (for an iPhone) and I can say their network is inferior. She has trouble with cell service in the house (but not internet, go figure). Granted, tehir map does show our house located in the middle category of cell reception, so at least they're honest. And the salesman seemed to really drive that home to me (almost to an annoying level) that we werent' in the "best" zone at my address.

I would stick with Sprint. You can't go wrong with them. They have the best plan out there right now for data and phone...if that matters to you...as well as respectable coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte