Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:37 PM

73 posts, read 437,724 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me the difference? I have never seen Baxter Village or Toga City and was wondering what they are about. I loved Bridgehampton and will be down next week to re-look at a few homes and look at others in Bridgemill. Thaanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 07:27 PM

192 posts, read 687,294 times
Since no one has answered your post yet, I'll put in my 2 cents worth. Baxter and BridgeMill/BridgeHampton are very different neighborhoods. Baxter is a neotraditional "front porch" community with homes, townhomes, shops, offices, restaurants, a library and YMCA all within walking distances. The homes have either attached garages or garages in the back "alley". Pretty good sized homes on small lots. It is located in Ft. Mill which is in York Co. SC.

The Bridges are located in Lancaster Co. Sc and the schools would be Indian Land. Both of these neighborhoods are traditional with BIG beautiful homes and townhomes. Huge swim complexes in both, I think. If I am not mistaken, one of the Bridge neighborhoods (I forget which-I'm always getting them mixed up)sits on the County/State Line so some of it is in Charlotte and some in Indian Land.

I'm unfamiliar with Toga City. Are you thinking of Tega Cay? Other posters can tell you more about Tega Cay. It is now a city unto itself with neighborhoods, parks, a pool and swim team, and it sits on Lake Wylie. Tega Cay kids go to Ft Mill schools.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 PM

240 posts, read 1,033,342 times
I haven't driven through Bridgemill, but Bridgehampton is VERY nice. Large homes on decent sized lots, and John Wieland has a good reputation down here. Baxter is an interesting community if you like the "neo-traditional" feel. There are a few restaurants and shops in the Baxter town center, and there are also a few recently developed shopping centers right outside of Baxter. A couple of things about Baxter though... it's right off I-77, so you will get road noise. And there are also hign tension power lines running through part of the community, which concerns some people and not others. Not all of the lots adjoin the power lines though, so it could be an "out of sight, out of mind" thing :-)

Old 04-14-2007, 06:12 AM

73 posts, read 437,724 times
Thanks. Now I completely understand. I think I was in Baxter Village. Is it the place with the supermarget, Pizza restaurant, other restaurants down the road from Bridgehampton?

Old 04-14-2007, 06:26 AM

240 posts, read 1,033,342 times
Baxter Village is a good 15-20 minute drive from Bridgehampton. I don't think their town center has a supermarket or pizza place (I know there's a chinese restaurant and a bar/grill called Beef O' Brady's), but those things can be found pretty much across the street from the development. Are you thinking of Regent Park maybe? That's a large, more typical "new construction" community that's about 15-20 minutes from Bridgehampton as well. They also have a little town center that has a pizza place, and a supermarket (Bloom) is current;y being built there as well. The area surrounding Baxter seems nicer than Regent PArk, but I wouldn't say that Regent Park is bad. It just has more of a blue collar feel to it, whereas Baxter has more of a white collar feel.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:31 PM

113 posts, read 443,186 times
Yes you might be confusing Baxter Village with??? Ballantyne perhaps? That's just up the road from Bridgehampton-- and like an earlier post says-- there is no comparison between Baxter Village and Bridghampton- none and they are Not close to each other particularly, about 10 minutes on back roads. Two different places entirely... you can learn more about this area at my relocation site removed

Last edited by Marka; 04-20-2007 at 06:06 AM..

Old 01-01-2009, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 12,683 times
Question, can anyone tell me about Bridgehampton. Homes, community & schools?

Old 01-01-2009, 08:40 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,793 times
John Wieland built the community -- a very nice community with great amenities, and I think Wieland builds a very good home. Part of the neighborhood is in NC and part is in SC, so the schools would be different depending on which side of the neighborhood you live.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM

57 posts, read 142,358 times
We looked at Bridgehampton before finally settling on Ardrey. If you like the front porch feel of Baxter, but like the Bridgehampton area better, Ardrey is something you should consider. Great neighborhood, nice big houses, great schools and great shopping about a minute away (Blakeney)

Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 18,510 times
Any other other thoughts on Bridgehampton? I see home are really huge and first class. Is there many store and things available in town? Library,shops,malls,restaurants? How is the traffic and how far is the hwy from there?
<Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte