Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,107,998 times

Advertisements

Will discount tickets be available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,107,998 times
now that the race has officially been postponed until tomorrow at noon, does anyone know if there will be tickets available?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,414,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post
now that the race has officially been postponed until tomorrow at noon, does anyone know if there will be tickets available?

I doubt it.

I'm not at all happy that apparently NASCAR made a decision well before informing those in the stands. It only became apparent that this thing was going to be postponed when driver helicopters started flying back in. No word was given for a while and only when we overheard a security guard telling a few people did we get our cue to leave.

Oh well...back to the track tomorrow..

Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,739,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post

I'm not at all happy that apparently NASCAR made a decision well before informing those in the stands. ..
The cynical part of me thinks they pulled a George Steinbrenner...lets make more money and squeeze the people into buying more refreshments till the last possible minute...

Nah, that wouldn't happen....

Old 05-24-2009, 07:58 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,414,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The cynical part of me thinks they pulled a George Steinbrenner...lets make more money and squeeze the people into buying more refreshments till the last possible minute...

Nah, that wouldn't happen....

Of course not. And they seemed to be making a fortune in concessions during the latter part of the delay.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,188,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarks View Post

WCNC reported that SRO tickets will be available starting at 9:00am at the box office only for $50.00. You may find something on Craigslist though.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:56 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,927,965 times
I saw that on ch 36 as well. Had to laugh. I might consider going through the turmoil of getting to the track if they were $25 or so.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 AM

127 posts, read 432,117 times
lots of empty seats yesterday, even before the rain fell, the lowes web site says tickets are avalible still, and driving in to the track there were alot of people selling tickets so it should not be a problem to get some...

hell you can have my seat im not going back today, 12 hours yesterday sitting in that stupid traffic jam was enough for me for the weekend.

dont park in lot O was stuck in there 4 hours after the race until we all found a fence to drive through to get out of the lot, then another 2 hours to the main road 49 no traffic on the main roads. just seems lowes cant figure out how to get cars out of the parking lots. not sure how the lots on 49 did they may have been better i dont know.

yes the consesions did real good lots of beer and drunks.

cant blame them on the weather but they could of called it a good hour earlier, at 7:30-8pm when the last shower stopped the had all the safety equipment and the dryers just sitting there doing nothing,

hour later they called at almost 9pm. they should of been watching the radar and making the call sooner. since it takes about 4 hours to run the race we were all ready to stay and watch it.... oh well if today is a wash out it will be held in july so thats what im hoping for!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,739,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw View Post

cant blame them on the weather but they could of called it a good hour earlier, at 7:30-8pm when the last shower stopped the had all the safety equipment and the dryers just sitting there doing nothing,

hour later they called at almost 9pm. they should of been watching the radar and making the call sooner. since it takes about 4 hours to run the race we were all ready to stay and watch it.... oh well if today is a wash out it will be held in july so thats what im hoping for!
As Brian and I alluded, they KNEW they weren't going to race a lot earlier than when they actually let fans know....

NASCAR is big business and like any other big business, #1 priority is to make money. Fans are probably #4 or #5 on their priority list. If anyone thinks MLB or NASCAR or any other entity like this thinks they "care" about the fans, well you are plain naive....(that's why I was cracking up when Keith Larson did an interview w/Bruton's Smith son last week and said they had a .99 cent menu because they were concerned about the fans.......)

Not saying its wrong or right or I even care....., it is what it is..... So no one should be surprised that it wasn't "called" sooner...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:38 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,562,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
oh well if today is a wash out it will be held in july so thats what im hoping for!
July? I thought if today didn't work out it was gonna be tomorrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte