Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 27,860 times

Advertisements

Well, what you buy cheap will cost you more in the end. Though you may pay less for the granite (which is very brittle), you might just end up paying for in the after math. In some cases, you pay half for the product and the rest in the end. Now, if the company is asking for the total amount due up front, you might not get what you asked for and will not get your money back. Think wisely before making this decision, because this is a very costly investment for your home.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 27,790 times
PANDA KITCHENS PAD THIER CALCULATIONS TO RIP YOU OFF!!
My wife and I inquired for new granite counter tops for our kitchen when we visited thier showroom and the prices are unbeatable, but that's the BAIT! here's the SWITCH! they get you in the back end. The estimator came in and asked if we knew anything about retrieving the surface footage calculation, which quickly raised a flag for me , however, my wife promtly replied that we haven't. In the end the estimator quoted 87 square feet when in fact it is 73. At $45.00 per square foot and a 14 square foot difference adds to $630.00 rip-off attempt but it didn't happen. When I called them on the calculation error I recieved no explaination. I'm an engineer and have been for the last 20 years Panda Kitchens and Baths is a SCAM.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 27,750 times
Thumbs down Panda Cabinets

Why purchase cabinets make in China when there are over a 1000 very good cabinet manufactures in the US, many of which are here in NC. Why send money and jobs to China when we need the jobs here.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:24 PM

24 posts, read 78,327 times
Panda kitchen is a nightmare, look at www.angieslist.com you have to join but it's worth it!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:36 PM

852 posts, read 2,467,659 times
I used Panda with great results as did about 3 of my friends. They were very helpful, cleaned up afterwards and I had probems with the faucet I bought from Lowes. They told me (while they were fitting my countertops) what to buy and waited until I had everything together. They stayed late at my house to finish. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:39 PM

445 posts, read 1,166,461 times
I don't personally have any experience with them, but when I was getting granite tops installed, I checked them out. I belong to Angie's List and they had several bad reviews. I think anyone who asks for 100% money up front is someone to be cautious about. I used a small company called AFC custom granite. Allan Flores is the owner/manager and he was great to work with. He gave me a great price, did the job quickly and did a great job.

Here's his contact info 704-598-1647

www.afccustomgranite.com

Old 12-16-2009, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 21,038 times
Angry Panda Kitchen - My husband & I purchased an entire kitchen from Panda & had problems with the wood & trims to match.

We paid for our kitchen in total up front before any installation or delivery was made. After several headaches with installation, the 4 wood doors of my pantry don't match at all and the wood trims are different. After talking to management their solution was to make my pantry doors smaller because they didn't have the same doors in stock and refuse to order them from China. We are now in a legal battle with Panda in Doral, Florida. I DON'T RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves Saddlebreds View Post
My husband and I have just purchased a home in Charlotte that's 10 yrs old and needs some TLC. The original kitchen is not very big, but needs new appliances, the cabinets a white foil that is peeling in some spots and is just all around tired.

I've been pricing my kitchen out to several and we usually hit a minimum of 10 in cabinets with 3.5K in granite easy. But then I found Panda Kitchen and Bath. Chinese import company, decent quality wood, if you use the plain cabinent without some of the "plastical looking stuff" or the over the top (IMHO) columns etc.. They have two stores in Charlotte, one on Park (below Johnston) and one on WT Harris. I went to the one on Park.

I went to order after finetuning my configuration, hemming and hawing and asked the Owner/Partner how much I needed to put down to order. They will only order if you pay 100% of your total order ! Now it wasn't a money thing - it was a what recourse would you have for them to fix anything, correct order mistakes etc??? He just said calmly, they have a warranty for 1 year.

Has anyone hear heard of them, worked with them, had a friend that had a good or bad experience with them? I haven't found much online about them at all -the store that I went to opened in October 2006 and has had no complaints with the BBB, the others (they are located in FL, GA, NC, SC) had a total of 8 with all of them resolved....

What would you do? In someways I have my heart set on this kitchen, but no way no how do I want to have absolutely no recourse because they already got their money.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:43 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
I would recommend to you, Majestic Kitchen and Bath.
These are a great group of ladies and VERY knowledgeable, see Wanda there.
She will take great care of you.

Majestic Kitchen & Bath Showroom | Charlotte, NC | Bathroom and Kitchen fixtures, hardware, faucets, sinks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: