Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:31 PM

235 posts, read 730,254 times

Advertisements

Hey just curious if anyone has a ryan home in Brandon Oaks? and what you think of the home? any issues or problems?

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,768,687 times
I personally own a Ryan home and have no complaints.

There is an agent in my office that owns one in Brandon Oaks and she has enjoyed it very much with little issues.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:07 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,808 times
I've sold a number of Ryan Homes both new and resale. I've had home inspectors make positive comments about the construction of the homes during the inspections. Any time there has been a problem with a home that was still under warranty the Charlotte office was cooperative and helpful.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:23 AM

50 posts, read 222,915 times
Been in a Ryan home for 2+ years and have nothing but good things to say.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 AM

3 posts, read 9,778 times
Currently in a Ryan Homes for at 1 month. This is my first home.
Great Construction, good floor design, good customer service.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 AM

4 posts, read 32,355 times
I have been in my home for less than a year and I've nothing but problems dealing with Ryan Homes and their pack of less-than-competent subcontractors. In the first month I had to go through hoops to get them to redo the Master bathroom floor. In these past 10 months, subcontractors have beeing in and out repairing and fixing and then refixing what the others break after being fixed. It has being a nightmare! Stay away if you can!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:29 PM

525 posts, read 1,804,595 times
Ours is fine in BO..it is 10 yrs old and ther eare a few things but other than that there hasn't been any issues. I am quite pleased. I think there are going to be bad experiences out there, it just happens. It stinks when it is you that is for sure!

Old 04-20-2007, 12:33 PM

462 posts, read 1,843,841 times
We have friends in Brandon Oaks and they love it!

Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM

174 posts, read 732,851 times
I built a Ryan Home's Colville model in 2002. Excellent floorplan and good contstruction. Follow your home's progress during the construction phase. Watch out for fit and finish issues at closing...usually you have drywall/paint issues, etc. Ryan builds a good home and they've been around for a long time. Make sure that if you purchase a two story home you see two separate heating zones/systems to make for even heating/cooling.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 5,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Velez View Post
I have been in my home for less than a year and I've nothing but problems dealing with Ryan Homes and their pack of less-than-competent subcontractors. In the first month I had to go through hoops to get them to redo the Master bathroom floor. In these past 10 months, subcontractors have beeing in and out repairing and fixing and then refixing what the others break after being fixed. It has being a nightmare! Stay away if you can!

I am curious to find out what happened with your floor. I am having the same issues with my floors as well. I first noticed it in my master bedroom and now I am noticing it in other areas of my house. They did come and fix my master bedroom floor and are supposed to return to have another look at it. I am considering hiring an engineer to inspect my home because I am concerned that I may have serious problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte