Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,745 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Charlotte and really like Bridgehampton. It crosses state lines and (of course) school districts. Can anyone provide any advice regarding the schools on the SC and NC sides? Looks like Indian Land/Indian Land/Indian Land in SC and Elon Park/Community House/Ardrey Kell in NC. We have checked out greatschools but it is hard comparing apples and oranges. We would really appreciate some insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Jack View Post
We are relocating to Charlotte and really like Bridgehampton. It crosses state lines and (of course) school districts. Can anyone provide any advice regarding the schools on the SC and NC sides? Looks like Indian Land/Indian Land/Indian Land in SC and Elon Park/Community House/Ardrey Kell in NC. We have checked out greatschools but it is hard comparing apples and oranges. We would really appreciate some insight.
It is REALLY hard to beat Ardrey Kell and its feeder schools. Nothing against Indian Land, but I'd stick with the NC side if I had kids

Old 03-21-2009, 05:29 AM

850 posts, read 2,653,390 times
I would also agree with Loves... stick to the NC side.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:40 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,397,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Jack View Post
When we moved here 4+ yrs ago we considered Bridgehampton and the homes on the SC side were $50k less thean same type house across the street on the NC side. We were looking at new construction and the was they were only doing new homes on SC side. I had too many concerns at time about SC...colleges, politics of SC, and too many unknowns at the time. I understand the Indian Land schools are new. I had talked to the Principal of the MS and he said 'y'all need to move down here as we need your smarts to bring up the school scores'. Coming from a top school district in OH, it didn't give me warm and fuzzies. I have heard grat things about Elon Park/Community House/Ardrey Kell and would strongly consider NC side.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:05 AM

797 posts, read 3,297,969 times
Yes, Elon, Comm. House, Ardrey kell are TOP notch. Buy on the NC side most def.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:00 PM

240 posts, read 732,636 times
Cool NC schools

My daughter is now a 9th grader at Ardrey Kell. She is very happy there.
The school is very strict. My daughter is a straight "A" student and in honors classes but she has to work to keep those grades up. It is not an easy school.
She went to Community House for middle school and was very happy there too. The Principal over there is different to the one we had. She had good teachers at Comm House and did very well academically.

Teachers at Ardrey Kell are very easy to communicate with and they get back to you via email or phone.

I would highly recommend the NC schools in your chosen area.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 AM

604 posts, read 1,308,713 times
Compare tax bill's and the money you will be saving in SC and you can send your children to private school.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 AM

174 posts, read 477,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Roe View Post
Compare tax bill's and the money you will be saving in SC and you can send your children to private school.
Taxes on a Bridgehampton home is gonna be around $6,400, same house in SC probably $4,000-$4,500.....I don't think you can send 1 let alone multiple kids to private school for the difference in tax savings.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 PM

604 posts, read 1,308,713 times
Here is my property tax bill from Lancaster County

$482,000.00
$19,280.00

$2,162.06
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: