Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:38 PM

72 posts, read 298,435 times

Advertisements

I am soliciting opinions on Huntersville and any other town in the Lake... Something (forgot the name) area.

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 03:23 PM

44 posts, read 175,963 times
I love Huntersville! That is where we are having our new home built. It seems like a great area for families and its very clean!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:41 PM

872 posts, read 3,585,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Exodus View Post
Lake... Something (forgot the name) area.
Lake Norman.

Huntersville is a great town to raise a family in. Quiet for the most part, crime is very low, and close enough to commute into Charlotte. Only downsides I could see is CMS (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools) and traffic at times. Other towns around Lake Norman are Cornelius, Davidson, and Mooresville.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:23 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
I live In Cornelius and love the area. Let me know if I can help any.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:25 AM

72 posts, read 298,435 times
Default Thank you!

The area sounds great for our family. We have no school worries since we homeschool, so we just want to find the best community fit for our family.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:30 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
You should not have any problems around Huntersville. I have lived here for 20 years in between Huntersville and Cornelius and now looks like we are moving back to Huntersville before the years end.

It is very family oriented and in downtown Huntersville they are going to be building a Discovery Zone for KidZ.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM

473 posts, read 1,579,202 times
Red face Love Huntersville!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Exodus View Post
I am soliciting opinions on Huntersville and any other town in the Lake... Something (forgot the name) area.

Dave
I enjoy it here. I'm in a very friendly community, Rosedale, and we're at the exit where the traffic jam picks up but you can still get off at it. It makes a big difference in a commute to Charlotte. Exit 23 is the place to be!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 PM

47 posts, read 187,618 times
We are considering to move to Huntersville as well. I heard they are building another Berkdale Village in a bigger version in Cornelius, just west of the 77. Is that correct? Also, does anybody know what the driving industry in the area is? why is the area growing this strongly?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:01 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,959,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnmouse View Post
We are considering to move to Huntersville as well. I heard they are building another Berkdale Village in a bigger version in Cornelius, just west of the 77. Is that correct? Also, does anybody know what the driving industry in the area is? why is the area growing this strongly?

Yes I saw that in the newspaper they are building a bigger more upscale version of Birkdale on a new exit 26. If you look to your right about a mile N of exit 25 you can see the land for sale sign is under contract.

In my opinion I think the driving force behind the growth is the lake. I too am building a home in Huntersville off of exit 23 and I agree it's a pretty convienient exit. It's only 4 miles from exit 18 and the Northlake Mall and all that shopping that's coming in.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,085,376 times
The close but not too close proximity to Charlotte, combined with the lake, and the opportunity to live outside of Mecklenburg county and still work in Charlotte makes this area a hot spot for just about anything.

I predict that growth will continue at astronomical rates for the foreseeable future, until all the jobs drawing people here move overseas with everything else...

Anyways, its almost amazing and you can just drive around and watch the area change before your eyes.

Huntersville has almost built itself out, and is planning on annexing quite a bit of land to its east all the way to the Cabarrus county line so that the city can continue to grow. Its a toss up between Mooresville and Huntersville as to who can grow the fastest. While most of Huntersvilles growth will have to go east to continue its expansion, Mooresville marches west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte