Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,077 times

Advertisements

I did search the forum, and it seems a lot of people recommend the Original Mattress Factory (or was it Company?).
Anyway, this will be for me, not a guest room. But, I also want to spend as little as possible for a decent mattress.
I know there is a place in Mooresville on Williamson Rd right @ exit 33 in front of Food Lion that is going out of business. Anyone know how their prices are?
There is also a discount place on 150 in Mooresville (just east of 115). I was wondering about them, too.
I plan on going out looking on Monday after school, but I don't have a whole lot of time to waste I appreciate all advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
We bought our DD a Full size mattress/boxspring a few months back and did alot of shopping around. The place east of 115 on Hwy 150 was not open when we stopped by, so I can't offer comment on them. The place at Exit 133 didn't impress me. The worst store we encountered was the Badcock Furniture store on Hwy 150. They showed us everything except what we wanted.

We wound up buying from the mattress store next to the Harris Teeter at Hwy 150 & Perth Road. The fellow that runs the store was friendly, helpful, and he did cut us a deal on the posted prices. FYI - They are a family run store and they also have a sister store in Huntersville.

Good luck.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:10 PM

221 posts, read 724,271 times
We bought our mattresses from Rooms to Go, and have had no problems at all with them. With that being said, I have vowed never to shop from them again due to other furniture issues.
We bought our daughters bed there, and my husband liked the mattress so much that he wanted to buy the same kind for us too. We have also, bought froms Sam's club but these were for our smaller children. Happy hunting.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:11 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Also, be sure to check out that Big Lots store on Hwy 150 near the Burger King in Mooresville. I recall seeing where they had either Serta or similar beds in their stock.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 AM

3,830 posts, read 6,728,077 times
Thanks all!
I forgot about Big Lots!! I also have a 60-day free membership coupon for BJ's and someone said they sell them as well!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:03 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
I had a great expreience at Original Mattress Company on the one on 150 near the Starbucks.I liked that the salesperson first asked us how we tend to sleep on a mattress. Then asked about back pain issues etc. He narrowed it down to several for us to try.By lying there and trying them it did make a difference and did lead to our final chioce. The salesman really new what he was talking about for a change.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:24 AM

307 posts, read 715,208 times
I bought one at Mattress Firm in Huntersville at exit 25. I had a good experience, I did go in on a weeknight and there was only one sales agent but I had his undivided attention and the prices were competitive and they threw in some freebies plus free financing for year, free delivery, etc.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:03 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
While I understand not wanting to spend much money - esp. since mattresses can be so pricey - I can tell you from experience that you usually get what you pay for when you buy a cheaper mattress. If you aren't that picky about how supportive or well made your mattress is, then you won't have a problem. That being said, Sams Club has inexpensive mattresses. You can order them online and they have free shipping. Easier than figuring out how to get it home from the store!

Old 11-16-2008, 07:01 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,226 times
I bought the "Heavenly Bed" that the Westin features, from their W hotel website. They often have 40% off codes. I bought a queen with box spring, mattress topper, and comforter all for less than $900 delivered. Bought a frame from Costco for $35.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte