Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM

852 posts, read 2,468,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay - got a question. My parents need a flat screen monitor to help them see 'cause that little monitor on the laptop is not cutting it.

They don't need high quality so much as "good" quality. I want to find them the best price I can. Anyone have suggestions where I should look online? Know of particular websites? Or deals?
Buy.com - I bought a Princeton a couple of years ago for about $120. It's still going and am using it right now.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:00 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
Buy.com - I bought a Princeton a couple of years ago for about $120. It's still going and am using it right now.
Did you order it online or find it at a big box store? Cause that is exactly the price range I am looking for. They can't deal w/ that 15" screen on the laptop.

WOOOPPPSSS . . . just noticed you had Buy.com - thanx for info!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:04 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
Y'all noticing that the dogwoods are starting to flower?

Oh, and FYI, the last time I was at R&R BBQ it appears that they'll start offering a beef brisket BBQ (on Fridays for now). Gonna have to try it.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:27 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
DH got home early today, made lunch, BLT for me and turkey club for him. Brewed ice tea in the tea maker with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Filled the bird feeders and suets, dog ran around with the empty suet container until it was licked clean. DH mowing the lawn. Windows are open enjoying the last hours of good weather. Sewed up hole in dogs monkey toy since he took the monkey sound box out.

The bus stop is in front of our house so he and his father wait for big brother to come home. As soon as he steps out the front door he calls for our dog, it's so cute and then they run along the fence together.

It's a nice day....
Sounds like a PERFECT day to me Nancy!!

BxRosie

Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Maybe they just loved Christmas, LOL!! Basic black always looks good IMHO.

DH is home today so I'm hoping he finishes painting the loft (he started last week ). I'll be cleaning upstairs, my brother called yesterday & will be coming down late Sun. night to visit for a few days.

HAVE FUN!!

BxRosie
I got it 95% done. It looks so much better.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, yeah. Roller and stick.

The black will look terrific!

I often wonder what people were thinking when they paint . . . you just gotta wonder what was on their minds or helped them make that decision w/ strange colors . . . maybe there was a big sale on inappropriate foundation colored paint the day the previous owners decided to buy paint, Hee Hee.

Hope the day goes well and the painting goes smoooooothly!!!
LOL Ani, most of the guys working for me thought I was nuts when I said I was going to paint the foundation black. The one who was helping me with the paintingn didn't say a word because He's decided that some of my color choices are different but they always work.

After we started painting, they all decided that black was the perfect color

We got it all done, except at the very bottom where we need to dig the dirt away, temporarily.

Hope you had a good day.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
LOL Ani, most of the guys working for me thought I was nuts when I said I was going to paint the foundation black. The one who was helping me with the paintingn didn't say a word because He's decided that some of my color choices are different but they always work.

After we started painting, they all decided that black was the perfect color

We got it all done, except at the very bottom where we need to dig the dirt away, temporarily.

Hope you had a good day.
Hey, SB!!! I knew it would look FANTASTIC!!! These guys just gotta trust our superior decorating skills, Hee Hee! You are doing that color scheme in such a beautiful classic combo - I know it looks really good. Glad you made so much headway.

It's coming together!!!! YEA!!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Hey, SB!!! I knew it would look FANTASTIC!!! These guys just gotta trust our superior decorating skills, Hee Hee! You are doing that color scheme in such a beautiful classic combo - I know it looks really good. Glad you made so much headway.

It's coming together!!!! YEA!!!!!
I knew that black would be best, Ani! It pops the green. A house futher up the street is white with a black foundation & they kept saying that they didn't like it. I just smiled & said this will be different.

The guy who paints with me has told me that the colors I'm picking are different than what he's used to, but he likes them. He's always anxious to get busy painting to see what it will look like.

It's coming together. The place was a real wreck, but I got it for such a good price...

Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/lillypad1967/hearts/Heart.gif (broken link)
Have a great Day everyone!
Happy VD day
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp34/12gofish/funny-2.gif (broken link)

Old 02-14-2009, 05:33 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
[CENTER]
Have a great Day everyone!
Happy VD day

[/CENTER]

Sunny, there's no such thing as a Happy VD Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte