Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2007, 06:45 AM

7 posts, read 24,156 times

Advertisements

hi came to charlotte area once and loved it just a few questions if anyone can help - two familys want to relocate - my husband is retiring from sheriffs office and wants to become a cop again how easy or hard may that be to do our neighbor is an rn and her husband is a mortgage broker and I don't think that would be to difficult for her or him the cop job would be the hardest i think but not sure can someone pls advise about salaries or if heard of any openings - we loved the weddington area also have high school aged kids how are the schools in that area - like weddington high or porter ridge etc. i appreciate anyones input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,154,571 times
Hi Chatty,

If your friend is in the mortgage business she probably won't have any problem finding work. Real Estate is a big industry here in the Charlotte/Union Co area. For your husband, there are two places he can check. If he's interested in Union Co, I suggest the county website: www.co.union.nc.us the click on "employment". If he's interested in Charlotte, www.charmeck.org. From there he can access city police or county sheriff dept. openings. To keep up with available listings you can use my website (under my profile) and select area 10, which is Union Co. You will be able to view properties that fit your criteria. Let me know if you need more detailed info.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:43 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,384,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
hi came to charlotte area once and loved it just a few questions if anyone can help - two familys want to relocate - my husband is retiring from sheriffs office and wants to become a cop again how easy or hard may that be to do our neighbor is an rn and her husband is a mortgage broker and I don't think that would be to difficult for her or him the cop job would be the hardest i think but not sure can someone pls advise about salaries or if heard of any openings - we loved the weddington area also have high school aged kids how are the schools in that area - like weddington high or porter ridge etc. i appreciate anyones input
Hi Chatty,

What sheriff's dept is your husband retiring from? I know Mooresville PD has an opening right now for a police officer (they have a Lt that is a retired NYPD Sgt). Quite a few of the police depts down here have hired retired cops. His best bet is to look up the websites for desired counties & towns & check the employment listings.

GOOD LUCK!!

BxRosie (my husband is a retired NYC Transit Cop)

Old 02-21-2007, 07:33 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,175,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
Hi Chatty,
We relocated from NY and I think it was the best thing we could have done for our family. We live in western Union county (Hunter Oaks) There seem to be a lot of retired NY cops in this area!

I'm not sure about the job market, but I can help on the real estate side. Also, as a realtor, I am not permitted to state my opinions on the schools, but this website can be helpful: http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/ My youngest children attend Marvin Elementary and my middle schooler will be at the new Marvin Ridge Middle School. You may want to consider communities that will be assigned to the new Marvin Ridge High (opening this coming school year) as this is a brand new school, with a lot of its population coming from students currently at Weddington High.

Feel free to PM me if you would like me to send you some listings or would like relocation kits sent to you and your friend. Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte