Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 PM

60 posts, read 162,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetHomeNY View Post
hey Socal, what is the price range of McCarr homes in that area of Huntersville? Me & the husband want to buy in that area but have a low budget of 150,000 being that it's our first home.
You can get a home with CPMorgan for $103,000 then the prices go up with upgrades. My sister just bought a home for $127,000 and it has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths. 2 Car garage. New appliances etc. etc. but it's located in Statesville. Exit 50

It's about 20 min. to Huntersville. 45 min to Charlotte.Image of 127,000 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM

11 posts, read 27,157 times
Default Update

I was just reading through a few of the responses since I last posted and thought I'd write a quick update. I understand the hesitation in buying in a brand new development with the economy the way it is. My thought is that Mirabella is in a good location, and the homes are beautiful (nice layouts, a lot of upgrades, and on larger lots)...so despite its slower start, eventually it will grow. (Perhaps I'm just an optimist?)

........in the meantime, we still love our home.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:34 PM

189 posts, read 582,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal2008 View Post
I was just reading through a few of the responses since I last posted and thought I'd write a quick update. I understand the hesitation in buying in a brand new development with the economy the way it is. My thought is that Mirabella is in a good location, and the homes are beautiful (nice layouts, a lot of upgrades, and on larger lots)...so despite its slower start, eventually it will grow. (Perhaps I'm just an optimist?)

........in the meantime, we still love our home.
Id be leery of having a home built in a brand new community. Im sure the homes are great, but if for any reason the building stops it could turn into a major problem.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 PM

11 posts, read 27,157 times
I'm not worried about the builder pulling out. If it happens -- we still get to enjoy our home PLUS we get to continue to enjoy the peaceful setting (and all of the trees).

Old 04-20-2009, 06:27 AM

3 posts, read 11,671 times
Default complete disarray

The Mccar homes neighbourhood is in total neglect. Talked to a few of the residents living there---residents have been really upset about their complaints being totally ignored by the builders--- this should serve as a red flag to anyone interested. The usual buzz words that apparently Mccar uses are act of nature and natural behaviour of building materials!!!!!! There might be people who complain about everything but some whose complaints are really genuine!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:09 AM

743 posts, read 2,252,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew0020 View Post
Id be leery of having a home built in a brand new community. Im sure the homes are great, but if for any reason the building stops it could turn into a major problem.
I am getting scared myself, McCar has not sold a home in our neighborhood for 3 months now and there is no construction whatsoever going on. There are not more new homes available just resale and 3 of which are short sale and 1 foreclosure. I am hoping things change but in my area I don't see a change....

Old 06-06-2009, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal2008 View Post
I just wanted to post my experiences with McCar Homes and the new Mirabella neighborhood in the Charlotte, NC area (Huntersville). I am not an employee of McCar... just a happy soon-to-be homeowner. We're in the early processes of purchasing a spec home -- one of the first homes to be built in this neighorhood -- and so far, the process has been so smooth. The land this neighborhood is to be built on is beautiful and convenient to shopping. The home we purchased has so many quality upgrades (the new GE Cafe series appliances, upgraded hardwood floors, crown molding throughout the entire house, landscaping front and back, in-ground irrigation, and more). For the price, we couldn't find a better quality home. The builder is very motivated right now -- spec homes have come down A LOT since this summer. If you're looking for a quiet, yet convenient location with a decent yard (0.40 acres) for the same price you'd spend on pre-owned homes that need to be updated (within the same zip code) -- check out Mirabella! My husband and I have been searching for a home since last March. We've become very familiar with the neighborhoods in North Charlotte/Huntersville. I'm not a realtor, but I'd be happy to answer any questions based on my own experiences so far...

We are looking to build in Mirabella. Is McCar homes still building there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte