Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:47 PM

396 posts, read 1,630,925 times

Advertisements

After a complete whirlwind house hunt (5 days to be exact) we've narrowed our choices down to three neighborhoods in Waxhaw/Wesley Chapel:

Providence Ridge
Stonegate
Silver Creek

Do any of you have any feedback on these neighborhoods? They all seem very nice to us....but what do we know. I'd love to hear the good bad and ugly before I make a very expensive decision tomorrow. And if any of you live there and want to encourage us....I'd love it. We are great neighbors
Thanks.

Sara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 07:36 PM

140 posts, read 590,312 times
Did you visit Lawson? If so what did you think?

Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 PM

197 posts, read 735,807 times
I would think you would be good wtih any one of those three. Sliver Creek will probably be the most challenging to get in and out of as far as access streets but they are all nice.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robretpd View Post
Did you visit Lawson? If so what did you think?
Is St. Lawrence the only builder in there? I just watched their video and think we should definitely take a look tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:10 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
Is St. Lawrence the only builder in there? I just watched their video and think we should definitely take a look tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.
Shea, Orleans, Ryland, Ryan and Pulte are also in there. Pulte is building a patio home product. Ryan is the lower price range in there, and I think they are built out for this phase. I was just out there today -- Shea and Orleans still have lots left, not sure if Ryland does though. Best of luck

Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 PM

117 posts, read 493,174 times
St. Lawrence makes excellent homes, when visiting Raleigh we stopped in one of the developments in Fuquay....we were so impressed we almost bought a house on the spot, the realtor had to remind us we were just there to look around. Good thing we did It was a superior built house though with many "upgrades" which they count as standard.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:59 PM

8 posts, read 27,174 times
Depends what your budget is obviously. SilverCreek to too far east. Stonegate is well located with much better lots than Providence Ridge.

I'm assuming your budget is in the 300K range? Stonegate is a Centex neighborhood that sold out quickly 6-7 years ago. The homes are mostly brick fronts, huge lots, vinyl siding. Good active neighborhoods.....lots of kids elementary age.........due to neighborhood being around 7 years old. You won't find lots this large any longer..........land is too expensive. Only problem is, not much upside on appreciation...as it's already occurred in this neighborhood. Had a friend that lived there for 3-4 years.

If you could swing 400-450, try a resale in Blackstone. One home in particular is listed for $450K.....it probably could be picked up for much less due to family split. You'll do much better in this neighborhood in terms of appreciation. All Brick Shea Home community. Only one builder home left.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Someone mentioned to me that the homeowners in Stonegate are involved in a lawsuit with an unmentioned outside party. Any information on that??

Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM

8 posts, read 27,174 times
Probably due to the Electrical Company trying to build a station in parallel lot. Construction has already begun......don't think it will hurt Stonegate's values.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:03 PM

31 posts, read 108,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
Someone mentioned to me that the homeowners in Stonegate are involved in a lawsuit with an unmentioned outside party. Any information on that??
If you are referring to the Stonegate subdivision on New Town Road - there is an electrical substation going in across the street (caddy-corner to the development) I believe the residents were trying to prevent it from being built, but it looks like they're clearing land for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte