Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 AM

175 posts, read 546,681 times

Advertisements

We checked out the Epicenter last weekend. Well, we had a FABULOUS meal at Blue and than headed to see the Epicenter. It was amazing...so many really "cool" clubs. We did end up spending our evening at the Westin Bar since we felt a bit old (we were all late 30's early 40's) for the crowd. However, we were all so excited at the THOUSANDS...I mean THOUSANDS of 20 somethings all over the place. Each bar was JAM Packed and had LONG lines outside. I think it is a GREAT thing for Charlotte. I remember going to Uptown 4 years ago and it was dead...not anymore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,224,195 times
I agree the place is fun. Can't wait for the bowling to open. We still need some actual stores uptown and I think we could see an influx of people moving there. The crowds range in their 30s and 40's, they do seem to be at Blackfin and Howl at Moon more. The membership thing is a bit annoying, but can't get around that. And that also creates some of the long lines. They will shrink a bit as people get their memberships in line. I like how I think it is also bring new people uptown, versus pulling from the other places. I do notice some places are less busy, but some were too busy in the first place. I would be interested to see how the Forum, Cosmos, alley Cat, Cans, etc are doing since the opening.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 AM

228 posts, read 911,317 times
The crowd as Buckhead has definitely been smaller since the Epicentre opening..

Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,565,732 times
I wonder when everything opens up if they will have to close off College Street or Fourth Street for safety.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:31 PM

148 posts, read 563,363 times
So where exactly is this Epicenter and where are good places for us "over 40" crowd to hang out?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,905,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro2008 View Post
We checked out the Epicenter last weekend. Well, we had a FABULOUS meal at Blue and than headed to see the Epicenter. It was amazing...so many really "cool" clubs. We did end up spending our evening at the Westin Bar since we felt a bit old (we were all late 30's early 40's) for the crowd. However, we were all so excited at the THOUSANDS...I mean THOUSANDS of 20 somethings all over the place. Each bar was JAM Packed and had LONG lines outside. I think it is a GREAT thing for Charlotte. I remember going to Uptown 4 years ago and it was dead...not anymore!
My son and I did a bar crawl a few weeks ago. I didn't notice any young people. Oh well, maybe it was that everclear I polished off before leaving the hotel? Yep, uptown evolves from Mayberry at 6:00pm to Times Square at 10:00pm. I do agree that the theaters and restaurants seem to be for us "older" crowds. I was told that the Breakfast Club has a 80s music venue? I guess I could streatch it a bit and fit in there.

Normally, my wife and I are part of the second shift. The ones that go out at 5:30pm and are home by 10:00. The young ones are third shift, 10:00 till. The main reason that I don't mention the first shift is because I don't think it is an active first shift in Charlotte. In Florida, the old snowbirds and Canadians woud have snow dances at clubs and receive reduced price drinks. They would sit over a beer for four hours. The clubs actually didn't make any money off of them normally. When the clubs would start charging normal prices around 5:00 and they would all leave (Canadians anyway). They were the first shift. I have found that since I have moved to the area, we go out later and therefore stay out later. Since I haven't gone back to work, we also get up later. In conclusion, bar hopping in uptown Charlotte is really fun.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,905,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tad5117 View Post
So where exactly is this Epicenter and where are good places for us "over 40" crowd to hang out?
Epicenter is on College Street a block west of W. Trade. Anyway, Hooters usually has plenty of over 40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte