Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2007, 02:44 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,909,633 times

Advertisements

I am looking at Christian schools in the area, which ones are good?

For those who have experience with them please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 04:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
I am looking at Christian schools in the area, which ones are good?

For those who have experience with them please?
We have some excellent Christian schools in Charlotte. The largest and most highly regarded is Charlotte Christian in southeast Charlotte. It is a wonderful college prep school whose majority of teachers have their masters degrees. Classes are small and every child is truly cared for by their teachers. I cannot say enough good things about this school, what would you like to know specifically? I believe the upper school (high school) baseball team is ranked second in the state .

Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,493,300 times
I am curious as to what info you need too. Are you looking for a High School, elem. school????

There are LOTS of elem. Christian schools. Many churches have them, so if there is a particular denomination you are looking at, you might try that first. They are generally a fraction of what Charlotte Christian would cost.

Charlotte Christian is an excellent school.....it is just out of the reach of many of us with multiple children.

Some less expensive schools (than Charlotte Christian) for High School as well. Christ Covenent in Matthews has a K-12 school. Faith Assembly (on Providence Rd.) has a K-12 school. Those are the onese I know of in this area anyway.

Dawn

Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 8,652 times
Default Christian Schools

If you are looking for a preschool - 8th grade education, I think Providence Christian School located on Providence Road is an incredible school. They are ranked in the top 10% of all schools nationally (public or private). As a Christian school they are in the top 1%. The acedimics - great. They have small class sizes (no more than 16 students) and about 1/3 the price of the major private schools in the Charlotte area. The school is something you will want to see to believe.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:29 AM

240 posts, read 1,022,225 times
Many people in my neighborhood (Highland Creek) send their children to Hickory Grove Baptist Christian School. They seem to recommend it. http://www.hgbcs.org/
Anyone has any knowledge of this school?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,381 times
Default Looking for small church with Reasonable Prices S.Charlotte

Im looking for small Church School for reasonable prices in S. Charlotte area, I live in Waxhaw NC but will drive if needed. Christ Covenant ??? I have a daughter going in Third grade in 09. Price is important and what is the circ...taught.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 AM

396 posts, read 1,631,282 times
Depending on where in S. Charlotte you are and how long you want your daughter to be in private school, you have several options. Weddington Methodist Church has a K-5 program that our friends are crazy about. United Faith Christian Academy off of Providence Rd. is a K-12 program that has had a tough couple of years, but has re-vamped most of their staff and curriculum and I think they've done a great job (very small classes). Lovesmountains is right (as usual), Charlotte Christian is great....but it comes with a pretty large price tag compared to other schools. If you only have one child....I'd pick it. In Indian Trail sits my favorite little school, Lake Park Christian Academy (probably too far if you are in S. Charlotte). Good luck. Make sure you spend time in the classroom and with the principal. What you see on paper isn't always what you get.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:43 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,318,524 times
I graduated from Charlotte Christian (moons ago) and my two daughters attend there.
We could not be more pleased with every aspect of the school.

Unfortunately it is not the cheapest, but the wife and I reprioritzed our lifestyle several years ago to prepare.
We live in a very modest home, do not drive two Escalades, and do not hang out at the country club anymore
Life is all about choices.

Last edited by mullman; 03-13-2008 at 07:28 AM..

Old 03-13-2008, 11:47 AM

240 posts, read 732,216 times
Smile Providence Christian

My daughter attended Prov Christian from K - 6 and she received a super education.

The classes were small (about 15 in her Kindergarten, the same in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade but then in 4th it went to about 12 and the same for 5th).

I took her out after 6th grade just because the class for 7th grade was going to be very small (only about 3 - 6 kids) and I just wanted her to go into a bigger environment.

When she went to public school, she was definitely further ahead than her peers in math and language arts.
The school taught Shirley Language as part of their Language Arts and to this day, my DD uses what she learned in there. She has excellent grammar skills, etc.

The price of this school is a lot less than many others and like someone else said, it is a small school and therefore the teachers are a lot more hands on.

We were very happy at Providence Christian and I would recommend it to anyone. I know they currently go up to 8th grade.

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte