Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:11 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,238,067 times

Advertisements

Grey Hound is going to be your best bet. NC has the worst shuttle service I have seen in the states I have lived in. You would think with the major cities 2 hours apart they would have a few more shuttles. Rental car could work if you are over 21 and do a one way. Flying is too expensive. You can also check Craig's List to see if there are any rides. You know far enough in advance to possibly find someone, especially on a Friday and many may drive SUVs etc, you just help pay for gas they are happy campers. Heck I even drive to there or Boone every so often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 08:22 AM

4 posts, read 36,398 times
heard from a friend that a new company called Eco Seat is running a shuttle to Asheville. My buddy's brother took the shuttle from charlotte and liked it. He said it was something like $125 or 50 something if you want to share with others. i'll see if i can find a number

Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,813,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doe-john View Post
heard from a friend that a new company called Eco Seat is running a shuttle to Asheville. My buddy's brother took the shuttle from charlotte and liked it. He said it was something like $125 or 50 something if you want to share with others. i'll see if i can find a number
Please post as we have been asked this question several times in the past - and no one really knew of a service to recommend.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 36,398 times
the company is Ecoseat, their website is ecoseat.net and the phone number listed on the site is 704.248.4809

Their primary route is a charlotte to raleigh shuttle for corporate and government folks (which is what i am interested in). I called them and also asked about the asheville route.

The guy said its $50 per passenger if there are 3 or more OR you can charter the whole vehicle for $150. I asked about the type of vehicles and he said they were 09 honda minivans with leather.

their site claims the vehicles have internet and plug points

hope this helps

Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,733,644 times
Sweet, I go up there for work quite a bit and there is a good hotel near my office. I can take this shuttle rather than getting a rental car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte