Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times

Advertisements

I love driving through the neighborhoods looking at Old Glory in Full Display.

I however wish Flag Day and Independence Day had as much importance as Christmas in Decorated the homes up.

Red White and Blue are beautiful colors together
I just did this last night for today.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/stopbythursday/DSCN1620.jpg (broken link)

If you want to learn the history of Flag Day check out my thread

Flag Day

If your looking for something to do to celebrate look below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 10:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Sunny - how neat!!! And I see your Furkid at the door, just like Miss Scarlett, checking things out!!! LOL!!

I have my flag out . . . Happy Flag day back to you!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM

65 posts, read 238,654 times
Default ..Nice.

I love the picture!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Thanks thedeme and ani. I feel like adding on to it within next two weeks for Independence Day. Indigo likes to sneak in a shot . I will see if I can find her a flag bandanna.
Have a good one

Old 06-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Thanks thedeme and ani. I feel like adding on to it within next two weeks for Independence Day. Indigo likes to sneak in a shot . I will see if I can find her a flag bandanna.
Have a good one
Have fun at the flotilla!!!!! TAKE PIX!!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 05:44 PM

392 posts, read 1,183,622 times
Sunny, that looks beautiful. Oh, Indigo is just so cute!! We fly the flag, too.

If you like flags, there are old prints floating around of a lovely 1941 painting called the Sentinel of Freedom by Arkansas native Adrian Brewer. I picked one up a long, long time ago and eventually learned more about the cool history behind the painting. Ships at sea during WWII carried a print on board and the print also hung in USOs. Here is more info on Sentinel of Freedom from the Central Arkansas Library System's Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:46 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I love driving through the neighborhoods looking at Old Glory in Full Display.

I however wish Flag Day and Independence Day had as much importance as Christmas in Decorated the homes up.

Red White and Blue are beautiful colors together
I just did this last night for today.

[CENTER]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k10/stopbythursday/DSCN1620.jpg (broken link)[/CENTER]

If you want to learn the history of Flag Day check out my thread

Flag Day

If your looking for something to do to celebrate look below.

Sunny! I love this pic!!! Especially because it has your baby in it

Old 06-15-2008, 06:44 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Hi!
Very, very nice picture! We displayed 2 flags, same size as yours, on our patio at our apartment. They looked really cool and wife and I loved displaying them. Unfortunately, we drove around our complex here in Huntersville and didn't see one U.S. flag displayed on any patios (and these apartment buildings are 3 story high). I don't know if "age" has anything to do with this, but 90% of the people who live here are in their 20's and 30's. We are 59/60 years old and I'm a Navy Veteran of Viet Nam. I would, but know I can't, go around to all the apartments here and ask the residents why they are not displaying "Old Glory", but then again, I might not like hearing what residents tell me.
Heck, I remember right after 9/11 happened, I seen so, so many U.S. flags being displayed on vehicles and flags waving at apartments and houses......that was beautiful! What happened today to stop so much of that??
Anyway, we are very proud to display our two flags and Happy Flag Day to everyone!!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:40 AM

392 posts, read 1,183,622 times
Thank you for your service to our country, Mr. Loveboating.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 AM

Sadly, a lot of apartment complexes (and condos) have banned displaying any sort of flags from balconies or at the front entrance. We leased an apartment in the western part of the state (mostly retirees there) on a job assignment a few years back and were astounded when we displayed our flag and had the HOA all over us, b/c flags were "not allowed" as the residents felt they were distracting. In fact, we could not even put out hanging baskets unless they were green plastic and contained either ferns or some other plant - forget which now - and only 2 per balcony, LOL.

So I suspect a lot of people who live in condos or apartments just don't buy flags to display any longer b/c of past experiences w/ landlords/management companies that don't allow them. Pretty sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte