Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM

5 posts, read 14,297 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

Looking for some advice. My Wife, Daughter(10) and I will be re-locating to Charlotte from St. Louis, MO this summer or fall. I will be working in Huntersville and my wife will be looking for a job as a nurse anesthetist. She has begun her search and would prefer to work in a smaller hospital outside of Charlotte.

We would like to stay close to Huntersville but are concerned with finding a good school district. We are looking at spending about $250-300K for a new house.

Any suggestions that meet this criteria? Anyone work in healthcare in these areas? We would appreciate any help as we don't have any connections in the state.
Thanks all,
Awesometrio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 12:39 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,731 times
Huntersville is a great area. I would look into Huntersville itself!

Old 05-26-2008, 12:49 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
My hubby is originally from STL - spent most of his career in KCMO. Welcome! I agree - Huntersville is a great area - so is Mooresville . . . but it all depends on your commute and the school system, I would think, as to what would be the best for you and your family.

The hospitals in that region all pay about the same and have good reputations and bennies.

Presbyterian - Huntersville
Health Information on Gastric Bypass, Women's Health, Heart Disease and more

Lake Norman Regional
Lake Norman Regional Medical Center - Advancing Healthcare

Davis Hospital - Statesville
Davis Regional Medical Center - Hospital in Statesville , NC, NORTH CAROLINA

But there are more - Cabarrus County . . .

Here is a link that has some more info - not complete but something to get you started:

Hospital in Mooresville, NC, North Carolina 28117 - Care Providers Register - Healthcare.com

Old 05-26-2008, 01:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I dont know about schools in Highland Creek but that would be my first option to look at if I choose North Charlotte. Huntersville schools are not that bad both high schools made Newsweek top 100 list for second year in a row.
Plenty of homes in various price points and it is a nice safe city.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:25 PM

49 posts, read 179,454 times
Definitely consider Huntersville. If you choose Charlotte, the Highland Creek area is very nice, suburban, and probably the price range you are considering. Both areas also feeds into the better schools of CMS. I work in Huntersville and live in North Charlotte and my commute to work is probably about 12 minutes with heavy morning traffic. Hope all goes well.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:35 PM

316 posts, read 395,154 times
macaulay - Is the best neighborhood in Huntersville - Very social and safe -

Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 AM

33 posts, read 83,663 times
Huntersville is a great area - just make sure you are located in an area that had easy access. Moderator cut: soliciting not permitted

Last edited by autumngal; 05-27-2008 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 PM

6 posts, read 13,593 times
I live in N Charlotte in Highland Creek- We have great schools with a lot of parent involvement. The elementary school is right in Highland Creek. We are slated to have a new middle school in 09-10. The new high school opened last year. There are wonderful walking trails, swimming pools, tennis courts, close to the 85,77 and the 485 freeways, close to lots of shopping areas too. It is a great location and lots of homes to choose from in your price! Huntersville is a nice area but you really have to consider the traffic. It gets very congested near the 73 and exit 25.
Good luck with your move! We came from California 7 yrs ago and we love it.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:33 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,096 times
I also recommend Huntersville itself. I live in an area called Stephens Grove. Its very quite, good lots and community and houses range from $275 to $400. If you want something closers to Stores though, you have to avoid Beatties Ford and try Wynfield Creek area (older more trees) or Birkdale, less house and lot but newer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte