Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 10:58 AM

797 posts, read 3,294,972 times

Advertisements

I'm not coming up w/ a lot of ideas b/c most things are geared towards older kids it seems. I don't want anything held at my house and it will be too hot to have something outside at a park etc. Only thing people have told me are places like MyGym, Gymboree etc. Places like Monkey Joes are too advanced for such a small age. Anyone have any other suggestions. We live in South Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,680,057 times
How about the Y? Harris Y does a gymnastics-style party with climbing, jumping, etc. Seems like that could be made appropriate for a 2nd birthday. Good luck!

Old 05-10-2008, 12:27 PM

797 posts, read 3,294,972 times
Well that runs along the exact same lines as the Gymboree/ MyGym. Seems like the only options for this age are just places to run around gym equipt. I was hoping to come up w/ another idea for his birthday.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:33 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
What about a Chucky Cheese? (I think thats the name-childfree here)

Old 05-10-2008, 01:58 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,680,057 times
Are there any of those paint-your-own pottery places? Maybe the kids could paint a tile or something?
Or maybe an ice cream parlor and the kids could pick toppings?
Two is hard because anything organized is a..."challenge."

Old 05-10-2008, 02:43 PM

201 posts, read 670,192 times
Default Hi

Chucky Cheese or Ben and Jerry's...lots of fun, little structure, 2 year old heaven!

Luckily, 2 year olds don't need as "long" or "detailed" party as older kids, so a good hour or hour and half at either of these places will be perfect!

Also, how about the place called "Charlotte at Play" (an indoor playground that I think is geared towards younger kids).

And, Discovery Place is wonderful with young kids! They have open areas for the kids to see and learn about animals, but it's not over the top. They also help with birthday cake, drinks, etc. And, it's nice and cool!

Good luck!

Old 05-10-2008, 05:55 PM

48 posts, read 166,446 times
I second Charlotte at Play!! I take my two year old there to play often and she loves it! Now, I have never been there for a party ... not real sure how their parties work but for sure worth calling about!!

When I had my daughters 2 year old party, we just had it at my house. I know you said you did not want to do that! But, I just invited a few friends from her preschool, opened gifts, let the kids play with them, gave them cake and ice cream and sent them home! Not a whole lot you can do with 2 year olds!

Good Luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte