Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2006, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,502 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone...Need some assistance. Me, my wife and 9 month old son are planning to relocate to charlotte in the spring of 08. We have plans to visit the area in April. My concern is my wife who works for Aetna here in Ohio wants to stay with the company. They have a branch in High Point yet we are both "city people" So dont want to stray to far from Charlotte. Can anyone recommend some cities/suburbs between High Point and Charlotte where the commute is reasonable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 01:40 PM

218 posts, read 253,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottebound-2008 View Post
Hello everyone...Need some assistance. Me, my wife and 9 month old son are planning to relocate to charlotte in the spring of 08. We have plans to visit the area in April. My concern is my wife who works for Aetna here in Ohio wants to stay with the company. They have a branch in High Point yet we are both "city people" So dont want to stray to far from Charlotte. Can anyone recommend some cities/suburbs between High Point and Charlotte where the commute is reasonable?
Well it's 75 miles between the 2 cities. Obviously something along 85 would be your best bet. Places like Concord and Kannapolis. Salisbury is about halfway between the 2, but it's not as developed as High Point. I love Charlotte, but for your situation you might want to try Greensboro. It's not as big as Charlotte, but it's not exaclty a rural place either. Highpoint is about 20 miles south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte