Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:26 PM

16 posts, read 95,439 times

Advertisements

no further than a 30 minute drive outside of the city.. would someone mind listing a few towns still in Merck county please??

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2006, 07:12 PM

787 posts, read 3,583,643 times
Have you looked at Matthews? I live in North Carolina but not near Charlotte so maybe someone more familiar with the area will come in and give you some more detailed information. But I think Matthews is near Charlotte and probably is still in Mecklingburg County.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:38 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,002,563 times
Other Mecklenburg County Towns

- Cornelius
- Davidson
- Huntersville
- Matthews
- Mint Hill
- Pineville

Last edited by mm34b; 04-30-2006 at 07:54 PM..

Old 05-01-2006, 07:00 AM

16 posts, read 95,439 times
Default thanks guys

appreciate the help.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 6,247 times
A site you might find helpful is CLTAPT.com. It's for searching for apartments which you may or may not be interested in but it's specific to Mecklenburg county and has a map of a lot of all the stuff around the city. Just found it the other day and thought it was way cool.

Hope it's helpful,
Larry

Old 05-02-2006, 08:56 AM

5 posts, read 36,755 times
Default Mecklingburg County?

Could someone tell me what is special about Mecklingburg County? Is it the schools or somekind of lower tax rate? We too are moving to the area south of Charlotte and I'm looking for any good information people can provide. Schools are important as we have two young ones.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:55 AM

483 posts, read 1,567,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicuffs
Could someone tell me what is special about Mecklingburg County? Is it the schools or somekind of lower tax rate? We too are moving to the area south of Charlotte and I'm looking for any good information people can provide. Schools are important as we have two young ones.
I'm in the process of moving down to NC so I'm not an expert. But I can say based on my research and speaking with local realtors and natives, Meck County is the center of everything in terms of the charlotte area. However, there are other bordering towns that are just minutes from charlotte. We're moving to Matthews which borders Union and Meck County. I could be wrong but I had heard that Meck County schools are overpopulated and that you may be better off looking at Union County schools. Again, I'm not the expert so perhaps someone else that has lived in the area can provide better feedback than I. What I will also tell you is that a local realtor in the Charlotte area told us that many are looking to move to certain areas because of the schools. However, she said that with the overpopulation, there is some 'reassignment' going on, meaning that one school that you thought your children would be going to are actually assigned to another school. Our daughter is only 3 so it'll be a couple of years before I have to be concerned about that. But things can change from now until then.

Good luck!

Old 05-11-2006, 06:22 PM

4 posts, read 13,893 times
From my research on the school systems, Mecklenberg County is a NO go for us.. I was very pleased with what I saw in Cabarrus and Iredell County as far as schooling goes!

Old 05-14-2006, 06:05 PM

336 posts, read 513,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicuffs
Mecklenburg county taxes are the most expensive in the Charlotte metro area from what I have seen. I have been looking for places just outside Mecklenburg county.

I have heard good things about the Fort Mill, SC school system, just across the border, as well as the taxes there.

Last edited by T.S.; 05-14-2006 at 06:07 PM..

Old 05-19-2006, 08:11 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPridgen
From my research on the school systems, Mecklenberg County is a NO go for us.. I was very pleased with what I saw in Cabarrus and Iredell County as far as schooling goes!
What, academically speaking, did you find in Iredell and Cabarrus counties that wasn't found in Mecklenburg county. We're considering the Charlotte area; have school-aged kids, and are trying to find the right school situation as well.

Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte