Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:57 PM

628 posts, read 2,085,184 times

Advertisements

I find the news outlets in Charlotte to be less than truthful and extremely biased. They will inflate the most ridiculous stories and completely fail to report others. A prime example of this is the four shootings (1 shot in the head) and the armed carjacking that occurred in the city last night...... Why no coverage? I'm sure $$$$ has something to do with it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 01:15 PM
NDL

4,528 posts, read 5,722,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
A prime example of this is the four shootings (1 shot in the head) and the armed carjacking that occurred in the city last night...... Why no coverage? I'm sure $$$$ has something to do with it....
The media is busy reporting serious matters, like the puppy that was severely mistreated.

(This isn't to make light of the mistreatment of animals, but it is proof positive of where the media's allegiance lies)

The mistreatment of an animal is apparently more important than the death of humans.

Unless, of course, it happens at North Lake...

Old 02-27-2016, 01:26 PM

110 posts, read 159,153 times
Can you elaborate on what happened. Seriously, getting so worried about the crime in this city!

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM

436 posts, read 449,617 times
Quote:
I find the news outlets in Charlotte to be less than truthful and extremely biased. They will inflate the most ridiculous stories and completely fail to report others. A prime example of this is the four shootings (1 shot in the head) and the armed carjacking that occurred in the city last night...... Why no coverage? I'm sure $$$$ has something to do with it....
Just being politically correct and ensuring that nobody is recognized for a horrible crime he/she commits if the description fits. The Charlotte Observer (disturber) is a joke. Read the anti-white editorials printed daily. It is a racist newspaper by the far left. They never recognize Hispanics or Asians for any great accomplishments either.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:54 PM

Well..I'm not 100% sure...all I can say is there was 4 shootings, 1 individual was shot in the head... Also a carjacking... All of them near uptown or the independence division..I heard this from people that would absolutely 100% know.......

Old 02-27-2016, 05:33 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,947,701 times
Quote:
Of course $$$$ has something to do with it. News channels are for-profit businesses owned by corporations. Their job is to sell their station to the public, so they air what they think most of their viewers want to hear or see.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:47 PM

631 posts, read 896,214 times
TV news' primary objective is to sell commercials and to do that they need the most viewers. So of course they will air stories that appeal to as many folks as they can. So fluffy puppies, schools, sports, weather alerts (BUY BREAD NOW!!!!), and whatever the sensationalized news is of the day/week will be on the air. They aren't getting paid off to not air stuff. Just catering to the desirable demographic market that will watch their show at 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 7:00, and 11:00.

"What you're eating now may be killing you! Details at 11:00."

Old 02-28-2016, 06:43 AM

I'm talking about not showing any negative light on the CIAA, due to the abundance of $$$$ it brings the tourism industry

Old 02-28-2016, 07:47 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,089,041 times
I don't believe your story. Your fear is evident, but the truth is not.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:48 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,674,927 times
Events are ignored or mis/dis-reported because admitting you have a problem is the first step towards fixing it...and no one is going to accurately verbalize (let-alone address) the true etiology of such problems. Charlotte isn't alone in this...every city wants to attract "$$$$". They apply their veneers, transparent though they are, in lieu of solutions and then feign being baffled by the slow bleed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte