Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 PM

19 posts, read 57,879 times

Advertisements

Happy Sunday -

What is your favorite restaurant and why? What is the best thing they serve there?

Thanks in advance,
Tangee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 02:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,806,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangeemct View Post
Happy Sunday -

What is your favorite restaurant and why? What is the best thing they serve there?

Thanks in advance,
Tangee
There is a seafood restaurant here - off 51 in/near Pineville (heck, I don't know where the city boundaries are!!!!) - Pier 51 - it is the closest thing we have found to the "fish camps" we grew up w/ in this area. Shrimp, flounder, oysters, etc. - lightly fried "Calabash Style." Very reasonably priced. Locally owned.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:11 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,703,759 times
eez Fusion: best sushi and atmosphere

Red Rocks Cafe: best buffalo wings in town and atmosphere/ambiance

131 Main: freshest food

North Harbor Club: on the water, quality menu, ambiance

Cajun Queen: N'orleans/Cajun, entertaining, and the best fried oysters, bbq shrimp, and crawfish scampi

Coco Osteria: Best patio in Hearst Tower courtyard, excellent service, bistro Italian, wonderful menu, great wine list, and fair prices. This is one my absolute favorite. We always eat here before going to a show at Belk Theater.

Mickey and Mooch: Romantic, great cigar bar, love the wedg salad, great service, top quality food and wine.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:10 PM

95 posts, read 387,308 times
Mac's Speed Shop- One on south blvd and now one open in Cornelius- best souther food I have had, BBQ, Mac n cheese and greenbean cassorale. Alot of food.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:44 PM

379 posts, read 649,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
There is a seafood restaurant here - off 51 in/near Pineville (heck, I don't know where the city boundaries are!!!!) - Pier 51 - it is the closest thing we have found to the "fish camps" we grew up w/ in this area. Shrimp, flounder, oysters, etc. - lightly fried "Calabash Style." Very reasonably priced. Locally owned.
LOL "Fish Camp" My dh's family meets at one of those somewhere down Wilkinson Blvd once a month. I always thought it was a name they made up until now.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:33 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,924,322 times
We too love Coco Osteria. It's a good place for people watching and good food as well. I think that the best food is at Carpe Diem - everything I ever order is delicious. For a summer evening, my favorite is Toscana on the patio - very romantic. Finally, for a cozy sort of place with unusual dishes I love LuLu on Central Avenue - such a good atmosphere.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:25 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,806,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgi View Post
LOL "Fish Camp" My dh's family meets at one of those somewhere down Wilkinson Blvd once a month. I always thought it was a name they made up until now.
Hee Hee Hee. No, it is a real term! Basically - decades ago - "fish camps" were covered eating areas - not always completely indoors - or w/ large screened windows - and tables set up in rows - "family style" eating. Very quaint!

The seafood restaurants along the coast of NC and SC (and I assume - VA as well) were that same type of layout . . . I wish I had some pictures to post . . .so it is quite the tradition . . . but only if you are a Baby Boomer or older. That is why DH and I found Pier 51 to be a neat divergence from the regular fare - it is reminiscent of eating at Calabash in 1969 or so.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,731,132 times
There is a new one by the Southpark Mall called "BrickTops". We have been 4 times in the past three months and love it. Its reasonably priced, good food, and great service.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:38 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,785,671 times
Del Frisco's

Fantastic environment, second to none service, and not just another "steakhouse".
Wine list is very nice as well.
Just visting and looking at the interior is worth a trip.
Big floor to ceiling windows are cool when dining.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM

396 posts, read 1,635,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
eez Fusion: best sushi and atmosphere

Red Rocks Cafe: best buffalo wings in town and atmosphere/ambiance

131 Main: freshest food

North Harbor Club: on the water, quality menu, ambiance

Cajun Queen: N'orleans/Cajun, entertaining, and the best fried oysters, bbq shrimp, and crawfish scampi

Coco Osteria: Best patio in Hearst Tower courtyard, excellent service, bistro Italian, wonderful menu, great wine list, and fair prices. This is one my absolute favorite. We always eat here before going to a show at Belk Theater.

Mickey and Mooch: Romantic, great cigar bar, love the wedg salad, great service, top quality food and wine.
I second the vote for Mickey and Mooch.....nice big wine pours (that's good enough for me )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte