Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM

53 posts, read 145,158 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with going to the Carolina Rebellion concert at Lowes Motor Speedway? My teenage son wants to go and I need to know more about how the venue is arranged. Do you get seats with the general admission price? Are multiple bands playing at the same time, or is there just one stage? Does it get very rowdy? I'm probably going too (I don't think a just-turned 15 year old should be let loose in a huge concert place by himself and his friend, call me crazy) and I'm just wondering what to expect. Luckily I like most of these bands, especially Three Days Grace, so it won't exactly be torture for me!

Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,454,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetvale View Post
Does anyone have any experience with going to the Carolina Rebellion concert at Lowes Motor Speedway? My teenage son wants to go and I need to know more about how the venue is arranged. Do you get seats with the general admission price? Are multiple bands playing at the same time, or is there just one stage? Does it get very rowdy? I'm probably going too (I don't think a just-turned 15 year old should be let loose in a huge concert place by himself and his friend, call me crazy) and I'm just wondering what to expect. Luckily I like most of these bands, especially Three Days Grace, so it won't exactly be torture for me!

Thanks for any info!
I have never been to it. With that said...
- Location is on the Rock City campgrounds
- My guess is zero seating. Bring comfortable shoes you don't mind getting dirty.
- There are 3 stages. So yes, multiple bands will be playing at the same time. The schedules are posted online so plan accordingly.
- Rowdy? Of course it will be. This is a metal/hard rock show so expect pits/moshing. Being that he is a male, he should be absolutely fine. As for you, pits are easy to notice. If you see a bunch of guys together, a potential pit will open (esp if they are acting hyped up). Just move away from them and you should be fine.

Have fun, enjoy.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,468,470 times
I went to the first one and it was a good show band wise but the concert promoters had a long list of lessons learned. The show has changed venues every year which tells me they are still learning how to do this. I think this location is their Best equipped so far but I won't be attending.

There is little to no seating except the grass of course or VIP areas. It's not too bad in terms of rowdy but anytime you put a bunch of people together with access to alcohol all day and night the potential is there of course. I would not let my 15 year old attend without me.

Multiple bands do play at once but the smaller stages that are playing simultaneously won't be the top acts and it'll be separated enough that there is no interference or anything.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 AM

569 posts, read 1,410,937 times
Forget just being a teenager and wanting to see this. Heck, I will probably go myself especially after I saw Soundgarden was playing. Your son should be fine, this reminds me of a Lollapalooza type venue from back in the 90's. Probably lots of mosh pits, angst ridden white people with the occasional whiff of pot smoke in the air. It sounds like fun. Word to the wise, stay far away from the pits if you do not wish to be involved. They form quickly and can easily spread out to onlookers that are near the boarders. The pits were fun when I was younger, but now I would have no desire to be elbowed in the face or trompled on while listening to a Alice in Chains track.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM

53 posts, read 145,158 times
Great - thanks for the advice on the mosh pits. Any concerts I've been to before were very mellow in comparison!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte