Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 PM

527 posts, read 919,833 times

Advertisements

I got on 2:53PM train from 3rd St station and I saw few little kids with their grandparents getting on as well.

As soon I entered , I could hear one of passenger cussing his girlfriend or friend. He was using all sorts of publicly banned words.. From f , to m words and even telling his lady friend he would pour gasoline on her and burn her.
This went on or 10 minutes.. And the entire train could hear it ( one car train)

This isn't the first time I ave seen people cussing in lynx train loud and clear for the entire journey from uptown till 485 station. These people have always been from section of society

I advise parents and grand parents to not get their children on lynx. It's simply full of unwanted characters during off peak hours.

I have never seen a lync cop during such incidents, I have only seen cops during morning rush hours checking tickets of office goers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
I got on 2:53PM train from 3rd St station and I saw few little kids with their grandparents getting on as well.

As soon I entered , I could hear one of passenger cussing his girlfriend or friend. He was using all sorts of publicly banned words.. From f , to m words and even telling his lady friend he would pour gasoline on her and burn her.
This went on or 10 minutes.. And the entire train could hear it ( one car train)

This isn't the first time I ave seen people cussing in lynx train loud and clear for the entire journey from uptown till 485 station. These people have always been from section of society

I advise parents and grand parents to not get their children on lynx. It's simply full of unwanted characters during off peak hours.

I have never seen a lync cop during such incidents, I have only seen cops during morning rush hours checking tickets of office goers.
Publicly banned words?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Publicly banned words?
Need I say more? I won't use those words in front 5 year olds. I know now a days these words get used on national television in fund raisers etc.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:08 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times
Maybe the guy cussin is also the one who has been urinating on the floor and seats.... I wonder what mayor fox has to say about this since he is an expert on such things.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:15 PM

The light rail bring more of these unwanted people to come crap on seats.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,127,829 times
It won't get any better with the light rail extension up N Tryon to UNCC.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,219 times
The homeless people usually don't want to draw attention to themseleves. The train is 25 minutes for them to get out of the cold or rain, for a few bucks. The people who irritate me on the train are the ones preaching religion and handing out pamphlets to "save" everyone. I will get off the train and take the next one when that happens.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times
We cannot censor children from what happens in life. Instead, we have to use those opportunities as a teaching tool. I can't tell you the sort of curses, I say or hear in a law firm on a regular basis. It might not be derogatory, but use more out of being extremely fed up with things going wrong. I will never avoid a situation, just because I don't agree. I don't agree with lots of posters on CD Forum, but I still keep posting. I ignore things that will cause me to cuss or get into a verbal assault. We need to teach little ones to turn the away from the situation and not express emotion. As we exit the train, this is when we explain what just happened and how to deal with it in the future. If you rode the bus, including the school bus, you might get the same scenery.

Freedom of expression is what makes this world great! Yes, those religion pamphlets, may just touch someone that day, who needs it most.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,276 times
I think CATS should change the stations to require a ticket be purchased before boarding. Right now anyone can walk on and there is little chance, it seems, they will be caught for not paying.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:21 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
I think CATS should change the stations to require a ticket be purchased before boarding. Right now anyone can walk on and there is little chance, it seems, they will be caught for not paying.
I've only ridden once but didn't see any mechanism that requires riders to pay. I don't understand how anyone thought the honor system would be an acceptable method of recouping the expense of the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte