Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,229,302 times

Advertisements

Is there any thing I must see, or any place at which I must eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Country cooking: Fred Chason's Grandsons (and BBQ as well - vineger based - wh/ is my favorite style)

BBQ specialty: the BBQ Hut - get a BBQ sammich w/ cole slaw

Momma's Soul Food Kitchen: very reasonable prices for lunch menu and substantial good old fashioned dishes

Mash House Brewery and Chophouse: just what it says - brews and steaks

Those are my top recommendations. If I think of another, I will certainly post!

Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,750 times
Outside of the plentiful strip clubs on bragg boulevard, There are not too many attractions in Fayetteville but I would recommend the drive on 24-27 as opposed to the standard 74-401 route the gps will give you. It's almost as fast and much more scenic given the uwarrie mountains and all.

Elizabeth's pizza on skibo road is good ny style pizza. BBQ hut is good pulled pork fast food.

If Fred chasons grandsons is related to the old chasons that burned down in the 90s, I always thought they were massively greasy. But it was massively popular.

If you like downtowns and are into military history you can check out the airborne museum on hay street then walk down to huske hardware house for a steak and beer or horne's diner for Lunch Or pierros for Ok Italian. There's also a coffee house there that is pretty good.

For old school breakfast and local flavor try hay mount grill on ft Bragg road or the continental in eutaw shopping center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte