Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,804 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are sick of living in the desert, I don't even know if you could grace this place with such a pretty sounding word...lol my mom convinced us to move here so we could all go into business together. We are all barbers. Odessa Texas is where we have purchased 5 acres(more like a dirt square), and co-own a barber shop with my mother.(that wasn't the smartest thing) I am from Vancouver Washington , and my husband from Dallas Texas. My. . bones ache for green trees,(heck, any trees would be nice, or at least ones not half fried by the sun) lakes,rivers, mountains,regular rainfall and the ocean. None of which Odessa has. Did I mention the fact that since this is a oil town and there is a "boom" here, prices for land and housing are about 3 times what it should be. So...... now we are going to leave it all behind . Land ,Shop and all.....wipe the thick layer of dust off and try to resurface for fresh air. So now that we have that out of the way let me get to what we are looking for. My husband is a Master Barber and will be the only one looking for work, to start out we will prob just find a shop to work at for a year or two to establish a client base and then look to open our own shop again.. We home school,so schools won't matter,but we do want to be on land of some sort or a large lot(we have two Anatolian shepherds) . Driving 30+min or so is no big deal. We think the Charlotte area would be a good place to find work and live somewhere outside the city in surrounding ares. We spend a considerable amount of time outside,so any place close to water/parks would be great! Any suggestions on a good place to look for barbering jobs, what areas are family friendly,dog friendly, low rent prices(got to save for eventual purchase of land/home/shop) . We love your state and can not wait to call it our home. Any help, additional info you think we should know would be fantastic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,874,872 times
I'll throw out the first suggestion. Union County has a rural or suburban feel to it, with good schools and tons of transplants. That is your best bet to have some real property in the metro without overpaying for it. Also, there are many of us men around here that NEED a good barber that does white-boy hair, simple cuts for less than $20. So hurry up and get here and open up a shop! Good luck to you guys.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,804 times
Default thanks...

Thanks, I will check it out! Good to hear you guys are in need cuz what you explained is exactly what we are looking to provide!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte