Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:56 PM

12 posts, read 20,380 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend an appliance repair company for my Frigidaire washing machine. It is leaking water. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet_storm888 View Post
Can anyone recommend an appliance repair company for my Frigidaire washing machine. It is leaking water. Thanks in advance.
Sorry to say, it is often just cheaper to replace a washer than trying to fix it.

But I would call Sears first if you want someone to look at it. Good luck.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,174,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry to say, it is often just cheaper to replace a washer than trying to fix it....
Agree, you could probably get a decent replacement at reduced cost from Sears Outlet...

Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,577,217 times
That is what happened to mine and it wasn't worth it to repair it.

I found a +-2 year old Maytag washing machine on CraigsList for $125 - I will never buy a new washer/dryer again. Might want to check that out if you don't want to spend $500+ on a washing machine!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM

972 posts, read 2,445,719 times
Where is the water coming from? We just had 123 Appliance Repair out to fix our stove. I asked about our front load that was leaking at the door. He said that was an easy fix - the rubber gasket needed to be replaced. A good cleaning (at his recommendation) has fixed the problem enough we are holding off further repair for now.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:16 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,586,759 times
I sell used washers and dryers. It can be fixed but its costly. that brand is a pain to work on. I agree you can get nice stuff off of craigslist cheap. If you want a top loader 100 to 200 will get you something really nice.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 PM

12 posts, read 20,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm_teacher View Post
Where is the water coming from? We just had 123 Appliance Repair out to fix our stove. I asked about our front load that was leaking at the door. He said that was an easy fix - the rubber gasket needed to be replaced. A good cleaning (at his recommendation) has fixed the problem enough we are holding off further repair for now.

I have no idea where it is leaking from. I washed 3 loads of clothes 3 days ago. I washed some bathroom rugs yesterday, today the floor is covered in water. Its not even 3 years old. So fustrating.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,979,004 times
If you are just a little handy, many appliances are pretty easy to fix yourself. There is a ton of info on the internet about it and many youtube videos that show how. The secret about most major brand appliances is they all are derived from just a small number of designs. i.e. Maytag = Whirlpool = Kitchenaid. Here in Charlotte, there are numerous places which will sell you the exact part, parts and kits that you need to do the job.

A new washer is probably worth fixing.

I'd recommend running the washer through a cycle while empty to see if it is really leaking. if there is no water, then it might be something as simple as too much detergent and rugs are really bad about sudsing over. If you are following the recommended instructions on the detergent container, cut it in 1/2 for washing. Also check to see if the drain hose is installed properly and is tight.

Last edited by frewroad; 06-27-2012 at 03:54 AM..

Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 AM

821 posts, read 1,856,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet_storm888 View Post
I have no idea where it is leaking from. I washed 3 loads of clothes 3 days ago. I washed some bathroom rugs yesterday, today the floor is covered in water. Its not even 3 years old. So fustrating.
You could have a drain hose that is stopped up or the drain pipe is stopped up. Go through a process of elimination before spending any money. As someone has suggested, do a little research on line. Use the search term washer leaking (add the brand name). Also, YouTube, as someone suggests could give you some ideas as to how to attack the problem. Your brand used to be one of the best on the market, but no more. Even at that, you should get more than three years out of it.

Also, check the library for a Reader Digest - How to repair anything (or a title something along that line). My wife used it to repair our clothes dryer while I was out of town on travel. She had it fixed before calling me or the repair shop. Saved us about a hundred bucks. Love that woman!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:46 AM

30 posts, read 51,508 times
Agree with above, plus see whether it's overflowing out the top. Lint will get trapped in the water level sensor tube, causing overfills and spin cycle problems. This can easily happen in ~3 years of use. If a top loader, just open the front-facing panel (use kitchen knife to push in 2 metal tabs at very top). You'll see a clear plastic tube near bottom of washing tub. Pull off and use toothpick to clear any lint debris. This can take as little as 2 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte