Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 07:51 AM

183 posts, read 384,170 times

Advertisements

Every week, the CO puts the value of the enclosed coupons in the top right hand corner of the front page. This week, it did not say anything about coupon value, also, there were no coupons enclosed.

Yesterday was also coincidentally the first day which I got my paper delivered. Customers who get their papers delivered dont miss out on coupons, do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 AM

194 posts, read 431,422 times
No I bought a paper yesterday just for the coupons at Harris Teeter (made a special trip just for it) and no coupons!! So mad

Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,658,300 times
On certain holidays, there are no coupons.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM

159 posts, read 335,545 times
Coupons come in on a schedule and on most holidays coupons will be not be in the paper. Try visiting some couponing blogs, they will tell you what the coupons are going to look like. A great one is Southersavers.com and most coupon previews are available by Wednesday on most blogs, if not try sundaycouponpreview.com

Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM

183 posts, read 384,170 times
Thanks folks!

Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM

441 posts, read 1,488,942 times
Always check before you buy. People will pull them out.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:05 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,600,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racewire20 View Post
Always check before you buy. People will pull them out.

Definitely check before purchasing the paper. Never has happened to me personally, but it's just smart. Remember, people who steal all the ads out of the paper, they just refer to that as "extreme couponing," to justify thier crime.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,141,212 times
You can google a coupon schedule and it will tell you when the paper will have coupons and which coupon books it will carry. It doesn't have coupons every week.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM

5,168 posts, read 7,381,628 times
Default Couriers don't put the coupons in

Well, the regional couriers that distribute the Observer to the outerlying areas often fail to put most of the coupon supplements in the Sunday paper. There are about 4 sections of the Sunday paper that have to be assembled, and these couriers rush in and grab the first stack they see and often leave behind several coupon sections, as well as the Carolina Living and Moneywise sections sometimes. When you pay $2.25 for the Sunday paper, you expect it to contain all sections and coupons. Quality control has declined as they apparently laid off the staffers who used to put the paper together, and now rely on the outside couriers to come in and absentmindedly grab what they want. This problem occurs with the papers that are distributed to Shelby, Rutherford, Gaffney, and Greenville-Spartanburg. The Charlotte area editions are probably not as effected, but still, they need to do better. This process was explained to me by the Circulation dept. when I called to complain. I rely on the local Greenville paper for the Sunday sales circulars and coupons, but I also purchase the Observer for news and content, and it would be nice if the advertising supplements were included as they should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte