Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 05:51 PM

403 posts, read 880,003 times

Advertisements

Other than Chilis and O'Charlies, can anyone think of any restaurants that might be doing a BOGO offer? A group of women friends of mine, use to go out together from our neighborhood for dinner at least once a month. We stopped going because it just became too expensive for some of us. Now we would like to possibly start up the group (BOGO Ladies...just kidding) again....and just go to those restaurants that have the BOGO offer.
I would think by making offers like this, that it would give people a chance to try a new restaurant every now and then. It would allow them to try out different types of food....and then later on they could plan for a special occasion for themselves and a loved one. Of course, they would be spending more for a date night, birthday, or an anniversary.
The restaurant could put a "minimum" on a BOGO group....say six or eight...that way it would be worth while for the wait person. Any ideas?? Thanks........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 06:20 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,278,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
Other than Chilis and O'Charlies, can anyone think of any restaurants that might be doing a BOGO offer? A group of women friends of mine, use to go out together from our neighborhood for dinner at least once a month. We stopped going because it just became too expensive for some of us. Now we would like to possibly start up the group (BOGO Ladies...just kidding) again....and just go to those restaurants that have the BOGO offer.
I would think by making offers like this, that it would give people a chance to try a new restaurant every now and then. It would allow them to try out different types of food....and then later on they could plan for a special occasion for themselves and a loved one. Of course, they would be spending more for a date night, birthday, or an anniversary.
The restaurant could put a "minimum" on a BOGO group....say six or eight...that way it would be worth while for the wait person. Any ideas?? Thanks........
Not exactly what you're looking for but restaurant.com has certificates that can be better than BOGO. Groupon has deals too.

Also, tipping is expected on the pre-discounted amount of a meal, so a BOGO shouldn't affect the server.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,081,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylbeth View Post
Are you looking for Buy one get one free, or the deals that are 2 for 20? Almost every restaurant has an email list you can join that will send you coupons, often times you will get a buy one entree get one free. Outback currently has on their Facebook page $10 off the purchase of 2 entrees, which depending on what you get could almost be a BOGO. Be sure to read the fine print on the coupons though, sometimes there is a limit per table. Other times its just a limit per check, so as long as you get seperate checks you'll be able to use multiples (assuming you each sign up for the email list).

Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM

Sundaydrive00......Probably all of what has been mentioned...BOGO, 2 for twenty, percentages off....just so that we can get some of the meals cheaper..where it wouldn't be so expensive to go out as a group.

The reason that I mentioned having a minimum on a group that "all" would be using a discounted meal coupon whatever, was to assure that just because the group would be having a discounted meal...that the wait person wouldn't or shouldn't have to worry about being stiffed. Being grateful for a discount from the customer....most likely would be more in the wait persons pocket. Perhaps, it wouldn't be in all cases...but I feel it would be in most.
As for myself, I always leave at the very least twenty percent for good service.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:16 AM

407 posts, read 853,510 times
Periodically the North Harbour Club in Cornelius would have coupons in the Lake Norman Magazine. We went there about a month ago. However I don't remember if it was only one coupon per table. You could probably check with the restaurant.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,761,931 times
You get what you pay for.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,278,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
You get what you pay for.
Are you suggesting that if a product or service is discounted it is somehow reduced in performance?

Old 03-18-2012, 12:59 PM

nacmd70 - Although I don't live close to that area, I would never rule out a suggestion....we might just enjoy the ride. Thanks!!

vmaxnc....Sadly, I feel that is exactly what was meant, unfortunately a sign of the times. A cliche to say something in the negative....instead of the positive, which was my intention. There was no intent to deprive the wait/staff person of a gratuity, in fact....I would think that a group would go more than out of their way, especially after getting a discount....and pay the person by their service. People that do the exordinary....making an encounter with past service....a step above what was expected...I feel would be rewarded in kind....where even the restaurant profits from groups that come in. When individuals from a group like a place for their food and serve...they are probably more prone to come back with their significant other.

Thanks for the suggestions that I have been given....I will check all of them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: