Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 04:54 PM

14 posts, read 57,193 times

Advertisements

I have seen many mixed reviews on Gastonia on other sites, but I think the people on here are more informative. I am looking at an apartment complex on the east-south east end of gastonia not too far from cramerton which is where I really wanted, I cannot find any apt complexes in cramerton though so was wondering if this is a good area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 05:39 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,467,840 times
Is it Brentwood Chase? I have a friend who lives there and she loves it. I have been there at all hours of the day/night and I have never felt unsafe.
FYI - There are some apartments in Cramerton, right off Cramer Mountain road.

IMO Gastonia often gets a bad rap, mainly from people who have not spend a significant about of time there. Like any city there are problem areas but there is also some very upscale neighborhoods. The east/south east side is considered one of the best areas.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:13 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,688,923 times
Ditto to what NCGirl said. I've visited Brentwood Chase a few times when I had friends living there and I always liked it. I've lived in Orchard Trace, which is in east Gastonia near the intersection of Hudson and Redbud. I felt very safe there as well. Both apartment complexes are convenient to Cramerton and to 85 and 74, so you can get wherever you want pretty fast.

Gastonia is not as bad as people make it out to be. If you spend time on the west side of town, particularly west of 321, you do run into a lot of the folks that outsiders see and assume make up the entire town. I agree that the east/southeast sides are definitely more modern and appealing (and generally speaking, the schools are better). There's also good shopping on Franklin at Franklin Square, but the traffic bites. I read somewhere that some developer is about to build a shopping center that caters to a more upscale clientele, and it's supposed to be somewhere off New Hope Road, Beaty Road, one of those roads. Not sure what will become of it. I will say, though, that we don't have the best drivers in these parts. Folks are quick to cut you off and sometimes I curse the DMV employees who gave some of these people licenses. But all in all, Gastonia's okay. Most of us have teeth and not all of us listen to country music

Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 AM

14 posts, read 57,193 times
giggle that's funny ....thanks for the info I will look into brentwood chase that sounds nice...I saw a house for rent in the south east area too that I might look into. Thanks a bunch for the info.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:31 PM

928 posts, read 3,857,516 times
Gastonia is not as bad as people make it out to be. If you spend time on the west side of town, particularly west of 321, you do run into a lot of the folks that outsiders see and assume make up the entire town. I agree that the east/southeast sides are definitely more modern and appealing (and generally speaking, the schools are better). There's also good shopping on Franklin at Franklin Square, but the traffic bites. I read somewhere that some developer is about to build a shopping center that caters to a more upscale clientele, and it's supposed to be somewhere off New Hope Road, Beaty Road, one of those roads. Not sure what will become of it. I will say, though, that we don't have the best drivers in these parts. Folks are quick to cut you off and sometimes I curse the DMV employees who gave some of these people licenses. But all in all, Gastonia's okay. Most of us have teeth and not all of us listen to country music [/quote]

Your post tickled me to death...... The upscale store your refering to is Star Bucks in 2009 on New Hope where BiLo was bilt, Oh Yeah, Delicious Starbucks with Drinks that you need a translator to say. THen the curse the DMV employee's I love that one too. I would curse with you. Then we could steal their license plates. And lastly most of us have teeth, this could mean one of two things, either you've quit the meth becuase meth mouth was going aroudn real bad, or you just stepped up and took care of the rotten choppers. _ For Real - Meth Mouth is a real healthcare problem. I loved your post and I had fun jabbing back in jest. Loved it XNYgirl - who has all her teeth too, but dam they were expensive.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 PM

620 posts, read 2,122,580 times
No, there are other shops coming like Ann Taylor, etc.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:41 PM

928 posts, read 3,857,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
No, there are other shops coming like Ann Taylor, etc.
my brain squeezed Jos A Bank is coming and many more whom I don't know their names.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,688,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Your post tickled me to death...... The upscale store your refering to is Star Bucks in 2009 on New Hope where BiLo was bilt, Oh Yeah, Delicious Starbucks with Drinks that you need a translator to say. THen the curse the DMV employee's I love that one too. I would curse with you. Then we could steal their license plates. And lastly most of us have teeth, this could mean one of two things, either you've quit the meth becuase meth mouth was going aroudn real bad, or you just stepped up and took care of the rotten choppers. _ For Real - Meth Mouth is a real healthcare problem. I loved your post and I had fun jabbing back in jest. Loved it XNYgirl - who has all her teeth too, but dam they were expensive.
You have eased my headache...thanks for the laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte