Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 07:14 PM

111 posts, read 323,342 times

Advertisements

Now don't get me wrong, I never l like seeing companies go under, but one has to wonder how Lowe's Foods continues to stay in business. Every Lowe's I have ever been to always seems to appear dead. I happen to think Lowe's is a very clean well stocked store. But in my opinion it's a very bland, sterile store. They need a image change, or I fear it wont last much longer. I wonder if Publix will ever try and buy out Lowes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontknwmyusername View Post
Now don't get me wrong, I never l like seeing companies go under, but one has to wonder how Lowe's Foods continues to stay in business. Every Lowe's I have ever been to always seems to appear dead. I happen to think Lowe's is a very clean well stocked store. But in my opinion it's a very bland, sterile store. They need a image change, or I fear it wont last much longer. I wonder if Publix will ever try and buy out Lowes.
The Lowe's in the immediate Charlotte area are very clean and well stocked. I only go to Lowe's foods for certain items, not everyday shopping...too expensive....

Old 10-27-2011, 07:46 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontknwmyusername View Post
I happen to think Lowe's is a very clean well stocked store.
A lack of customers will do that.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Their prices keep me away.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM

111 posts, read 323,342 times
But if it's prices then how does Harris Teeter do so well? It's just as expensive.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM

812 posts, read 1,906,980 times
In Hickory we have 3 of them.....they are our nice grocery store and then we have 1 Harris Teeter which is even higher priced. I shop there for things I can't get at Walmart and the Boars Head deli counter. They are also the closest grocery store to my home so in a pinch or small trips I will go there. BUT I do pay a lot more than getting my staples at Walmart even if they dbl coupons at Lowes Foods.

For me it is because we don't have many other "nice" choices--Food Lion, BiLo, Galaxy, Aldi's, Bottom Dollar round out the rest of the choices.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:28 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
I have wondered the same thing...I have been in HT, Food Lion (even Bloom's), Walmart, and Aldis and have seen them all packed at one time or another. But Lowe's? Granted, I have never been in there on a Saturday or a Sunday, but I have never seen it packed, either. But then again, I have been to those other places on a weekday and seen them packed before.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:51 AM

539 posts, read 1,497,802 times
Both Lowes and Food lion are always dead when I stop in, and it is always on a weekend. Harris Teeter and Walmart are always busy. As the prices are higher at HT compared to Walmart I only go for select sale items with double coupons and make out better than Walmart. Lowes IMO is the highest priced of them all.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:25 AM

777 posts, read 2,567,022 times
The Lowes in Ballantyne is always dead. I sometimes wonder in there because thier beer selection has some nice variety to it. Other than that, don't go in. People rip on Teeter but yet, when was the last time you went into a Teeter and it was dead? Heck I have seen more people in the TajMa Teeter at midnight than at Lowes at 6pm on a Friday!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 AM

714 posts, read 2,305,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSouthPark View Post
The Lowes in Ballantyne is always dead. I sometimes wonder in there because thier beer selection has some nice variety to it. Other than that, don't go in. People rip on Teeter but yet, when was the last time you went into a Teeter and it was dead? Heck I have seen more people in the TajMa Teeter at midnight than at Lowes at 6pm on a Friday!
That Lowes used to be busy, before HT was built right around the corner from it.

I stopped going to Lowes after one of the butchers noticed my "I Voted" sticker on election day and started spouting off a bunch of hateful, untrue rhetoric about the guy I voted for - as a matter of "everyday" conversation when he was preparing an order for me. If I wanted annoying political commentary I'd turn on the television, not visit the local butcher.

I sent a letter to Lowes letting them know that once HT was built I'd never step foot in their stores again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte