Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 AM

72 posts, read 175,226 times

Advertisements

DH and I are just beginning to look for a new (or new-to-us) home within the Charlotte area. We moved here back in 2008 and love it, but at the time we both had different jobs and DH was working from home, so it was OK for us to be further out from the city (we're in Lake Wylie currently). Now, I am working in uptown and DH is working in Indian Land and the commutes are really killing us, our spare time and our gas budget.

So, we'd like to find something close to one of our jobs, but I cannot stand to commute up 77 every day so it's looking like something closer to uptown would be ideal. I'm looking in Chantilly, Elizabeth, maybe Cotswald area? We'd like a single family home under $350K and a close-knit neighborhood with some character (does not have to be a planned subdivision)- no kids (yet?). Also, I ride horses competitively so in an ideal world I'd like to have easier access than I do now to the "horsey" areas around Waxhaw or Huntersville.

Ideas? Zip codes to look up? Last time we were house hunting we chose SC for the tax benefits, "bang for your buck" and school districts but our perspective has changed after living here for a few years and it's much more important to be conveniently located to the things we enjoy now and not feel like we are spending our lives driving!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 AM

72 posts, read 175,226 times
and on a seperate note, why do none of the homes in Stonehaven seem to have garages?! They are such nice houses, it seems wierd to me to park your car outside!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,167,458 times
So you want to cut your commute time and increase your husband's? Poor guy.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 AM

45,217 posts, read 101,150,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJ628 View Post
DH and I are just beginning to look for a new (or new-to-us) home within the Charlotte area. We moved here back in 2008 and love it, but at the time we both had different jobs and DH was working from home, so it was OK for us to be further out from the city (we're in Lake Wylie currently). Now, I am working in uptown and DH is working in Indian Land and the commutes are really killing us, our spare time and our gas budget.

So, we'd like to find something close to one of our jobs, but I cannot stand to commute up 77 every day so it's looking like something closer to uptown would be ideal. I'm looking in Chantilly, Elizabeth, maybe Cotswald area? We'd like a single family home under $350K and a close-knit neighborhood with some character (does not have to be a planned subdivision)- no kids (yet?). Also, I ride horses competitively so in an ideal world I'd like to have easier access than I do now to the "horsey" areas around Waxhaw or Huntersville.

Ideas? Zip codes to look up? Last time we were house hunting we chose SC for the tax benefits, "bang for your buck" and school districts but our perspective has changed after living here for a few years and it's much more important to be conveniently located to the things we enjoy now and not feel like we are spending our lives driving!
I would be happy to send you a direct message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte