Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:20 PM

217 posts, read 890,812 times

Advertisements

Is kidnergarten in the area full day? What about private schools? I realy do prefer half day for kindergarten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 07:48 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times
My understanding is that they are full day, at least they are in Union County. Not sure about all the areas.

Dawn

Old 08-08-2007, 07:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
My understanding is that they are full day, at least they are in Union County. Not sure about all the areas.

Dawn
Mecklenburg too is all day.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post

Dawn
thank you for posting

Old 08-08-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Mecklenburg too is all day.
thanks for posting

Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 PM

117 posts, read 406,139 times
Cabarrus County is all day too!

Our school is 7:45-2!!! I think that is too early for a 5 year old!! Maybe it's just because I am not a morning person!!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmac View Post
Cabarrus County is all day too!

Our school is 7:45-2!!! I think that is too early for a 5 year old!! Maybe it's just because I am not a morning person!!

I do not mean this as a bash towards working parents. I just think the reaosn for all day k is to conveince working parents. Sometowns around here have done it, becaue parents pushed for it. I thik it is toomuch for a five year old. I hear some of them do a nap time during the day. Ugh, for him that would keep him up late.

Do the private schools do all day? are some of them doing half day?

Old 08-09-2007, 11:00 AM

531 posts, read 2,011,340 times
I had both types when my son was in Kindergarten. We moved here half way through my sons kindergarten year. With that being said...I think that he was able to learn a lot more with a full day class. The teachers did not have to rush to get it all in 2 1/2 hours. The teachers were able to give more personalized instruction. He was so much less stressed and did tons better with the full day class. I thought the full day was too much, but I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful results of the full day class, you may too!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:03 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debct View Post
I do not mean this as a bash towards working parents. I just think the reaosn for all day k is to conveince working parents. Sometowns around here have done it, becaue parents pushed for it. I thik it is toomuch for a five year old. I hear some of them do a nap time during the day. Ugh, for him that would keep him up late.

Do the private schools do all day? are some of them doing half day?
Private schools do half day TK - transitional kindergarten, but this is usually for kids who missed the cutoff date for kindergarten (late birthdays) or kids who need a little more time to mature. This may be a solution for you if you think your child is not up to all day. However, I have to disagree that full day kindergarten is being done for the convenience of working parents. Most school days end between 2 and 2:45 -that doesn't sound very convenient to me as most people are still working until at least 4:30 or 5:00.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandevder View Post
I had both types when my son was in Kindergarten. We moved here half way through my sons kindergarten year. With that being said...I think that he was able to learn a lot more with a full day class. The teachers did not have to rush to get it all in 2 1/2 hours. The teachers were able to give more personalized instruction. He was so much less stressed and did tons better with the full day class. I thought the full day was too much, but I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful results of the full day class, you may too!
I think I remeber you form whenI was haning around here before. You came from southington right? I am from Plaiville.

I can see how they can get more stuff in. Still it just sems so long for a little ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte